Lake Billy Chinook

C

chaminade

Hello all,

Fished Lake Billy Chinook recently, caught one on my third and last cast. Would this be Kokanee? If so, it'll be my first!

Thought it was trout due to size, but the lack of spots/dots had me thinking it was Kokanee. Any feedback appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mattdm22

Welcome to the only fishing forum that matters! That kinda looks like a pikeminnow or a chub. :think:

B

beaverfan

ya definitely not a koke. here's a pic of a koke. that is probably a pikeminnow.

L

Left Bank

I agree. Looks like a pikeminnow.

D

davep

It is probably (im pretty certain) a small bull trout...be sure the read the regs before keeping fish that you're not sure what it is...

B

beaverfan

It is probably (im pretty certain) a small bull trout...be sure the read the regs before keeping fish that you're not sure what it is...

I thought of that as a possibility as well but after looking around a bit it looks more like a pikeminnow than a Bull. The mouth and body structure don't match a Bull trout IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davep

Ive been fishing Billy Chinook for close to 40 years and never caught a pike minnow there....I have caught many bull trout but I could be wrong....but would be surprised...

B

beaverfan

Well then your probably right, if you've been fishing it for 40 years and haven't caught one there's probably few if any pikeminnow in there. I've only been there once as a kid and didn't catch much of anything.

Does Lake Billy Chinook have chubs?

C

colbypearson

for sure not a bull trout i have caught them up there that size and much bigger definitely some sort of pike minnow or something

M

Mattdm22

It could be the picture but I only see a dorsal fin. Wouldn't there be an adipose fin as well if it were a wild bull trout?

T

Thuggin4Life

No way its a bull trout i have caught and seen caught a few in my life and that isn't even close. Now I also have caught a **** ton of pikeminoows and thats what it is no doubt in my mind. Glad you had a great time there. One of these days I am gonna head there for a wallmounter bully.

N

nwkiller

for shizzle on the pike minnow

F

fishndad

no doubt in my mind that is a pikeminnow! useless fish if you ask me however they sure are fun to catch and the kids love em! all that matters is that u had fun bud. oh and ya a bull trout is a much more spectacular trophy pig for sure!

C

chaminade

Wow, thanks for the replies guys. It does look like Pikeminnow, was indeed fun to catch. Of course the bobber disappeared when I started packing up and took things to the garbage can forcing me to hurry up and get back to the rod. ;)

Top Bottom