Lake Billy Chinook on Saturday

M
MustangBill
We need a Lake Billy Chinook Section LOL… I took a couple of friends up there on Saturday and we caught over 40 small mouth bass. We kept 6 for dinner and released the rest. We were in the Metolius arm of the lake just north of Chinook Island fishing the rock along the north shore. We used imitation crawdads and night crawlers. The only bad thing about the whole outing was discourteous water skiers that roared by within 75 feet of where we were anchored.

The kokanee prespawn should be any time now (it is usually in the last week of August and first week of September) and lasts 2 weeks. During that time the fishing action gets really crazy. Buzz bombs work great during the 2 week peroid.

M
MustangBill
I finaly took some of the pictures off my camera.

Nice smallies.

Mt. Jefferson in the background.

The views from Lake Billy Chinook are stunning. The fishing is good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
M
MustangBill
Here is a photo of the 24.5 inch bull trout I caught in Lake Billy Chinook a month back (before I joined the forum). I wish I had a scale with me to weigh it.

It is one thing to say that I have caught fish so here is some proof. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Irishrover
Irishrover
"The only bad thing about the whole outing was discourteous water skiers that roared by within 75 feet of where we were anchored. "

Thats the reason I hardly ever go there to fish anymore. I used to anchor by Chinook Island and had the same thing happen. Too bad because it is an awesome place. When I do go there I like to go way up the Crooked River Arm, not so many go faster folks there.;)

Looks like you have had some successful trips up there.

T
Throbbit _Shane
very nice bull trout!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
M
MustangBill
Thoes are some nice bull trout you are holding. I think next year I am going to buy the year long tribal permit :) I purchased one and two day passes this year and spent well over what the entire year would cost.

C
cocovi
Those are some nice pictures !!! Looking great job man :)