Ladies and gentlemen :)

M
mrlindeman
We now have a Walter Wirth Section !!! So as the first post I will say I will be using an olive wooly bugger with flashy tinsil at Wirth either today or tomorrow. Sure the weather is bummer but hey, I need the practice :) ;) Badly LOL :confused:

D
Drew9870
Good luck..... Casting that out :lol:.

The wind is blowing pretty strong, maybe you could tie a rapala or a spinner to a kite and troll it LOL.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Kite trolling? It think we're on to a new trend; and it just might work.

But, be sure you're "grounded out" first!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Drew9870 said:
Good luck..... Casting that out :lol:.

The wind is blowing pretty strong, maybe you could tie a rapala or a spinner to a kite and troll it LOL.

ROFL. ive seen a vid on youtube of a few guys fishing for bass and bluegill rc helicopters. they dipped their rig into the ater and when the bobber went under the went up to set the hook.

Troutski
Troutski
Forget the weather

Forget the weather

mrlindeman said:
We now have a Walter Wirth Section !!! So as the first post I will say I will be using an olive wooly bugger with flashy tinsil at Wirth either today or tomorrow. Sure the weather is bummer but hey, I need the practice :) ;) Badly LOL :confused:

Right on, good on you...I have tried for over twenty years to catch fish from my couch and never have; the fish could care less about the weather...they just want to eat.
Tight lines and practice your roll cast, very handy this time of year.

Chuck

M
mrlindeman
I skunked. But I saw a huge trout that mesured, well huge caught tonight. They stocked with big big fish. An rc copter would not have brought this one in my friends. Maybe something a little bigger from the airport across the way. I doubt they would let me borrow one though :(.

The wind was crazy, and the seas were rough. I tucked my tail, drove home.... And grabbed my spinning gear. Kissed my woman on the way out and sayed wish me luck!
Yea, ummm... I got there about 3:30. Casted out bright green powerbait on a 12 inch leader about 30 feet out from in between the inlet and the boat ramp. The waves were so tumbly it looked like I was getting bites all over the place. Im out there yukkin and yankin on this rod like I have a damn tuna on the line and nothin lol. So i gain patiance and let the bait sit for a while.

I started casting every spinner and Kastmaster I had. From close to the bank, to far as I could with the wind towing my lure a good 20 feet north before it would land. Slow retrieve, nope fast retrieve, nope deep retrieve, nope shallow retrieve. NOTHING!!!!! As all around me monster salmon sized rainbows are fought and landed by others. After 2 hours of getting blown around in the wind and pummled by rain I packed my drowned gear and walked towards my car. As I put my rods and bag in the back seat I heard a faint shout.

Turning my head into the cold stinging rain I observed an older looking woman landing a huge fish. At that moment all I could do was smile. I later thought tonight after whining to Drew over a glass of wine and a cigar, If that woman catching that monster brooder meant me not catching even a bluegill today, Then thats perfectly fine to me.

She had been in the same spot all afternoon fighting the cold as well, without a bite. Someday, even if it takes me to that age, I will catch a biggun. And only hope to bring a smile to anothers face. That, they may realise the same that I did in the same way. Every fish, Has it's day.