Koke& landlocked chinook questions

brandon4455
brandon4455
can anyone recomend a good rod for slow trolling for kokes and landlocked chinook. and what other lures besides spoons and wedding rings work good while trolling? what kind of flashers and dodger setups should i be using? thanks for any input..i caught my first fish trolling today and im hooked now lol

brandon

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
i caught a land locked coho this year trolling a black wolly bugger... :D

B
beaverfan
Hoochies!!!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
beaverfan said:
Hoochies!!!!!

oh yeah thats right!!! troutdude told me pink hoochies kill em' thanks for refreshing my memory :D

troutdude
troutdude
Glad that you remembered the dodger and hoochie combo. Also an age old concoction, is wedding ring tipped w/ worm and WHITE corn kernel's or just the ring and the kernel's. I'm glad that you are no longer a trolling virgin...that first fish is FUN! Now your hooked forever!!!

I haven't tried it yet, but I'd think that the Chinokanees would hit a silver & blue Rapala diver. They munch on the kokes. So it seems that they'd hit something that looks similar. And I'd guess that the nooks are underneath the schools of kokes.

Oh. Don't forget an inline rubber snubber, when fishing for kokes. They have very soft mouths, and hooks can be pulled right out--without a snubber.

brandon4455
brandon4455
troutdude said:
Glad that you remembered the dodger and hoochie combo. Also an age old concoction, is wedding ring tipped w/ worm and WHITE corn kernel's or just the ring and the kernel's. I'm glad that you are no longer a trolling virgin...that first fish is FUN! Now your hooked forever!!!

I haven't tried it yet, but I'd think that the Chinokanees would hit a silver & blue Rapala diver. They munch on the kokes. So it seems that they'd hit something that looks similar. And I'd guess that the nooks are underneath the schools of kokes.

Oh. Don't forget an inline rubber snubber, when fishing for kokes. They have very soft mouths, and hooks can be pulled right out--without a snubber.

my granpda got a landlocked nook at detroit today in 23ft of water. he was in the top ten feet. he used a rebel crawfish crankbait. the thing with detroit is the fish there love crawdads and we proved it. so that might work for the chinokanees. illbe buying some spoons,wedding rings and some other trolling equipment for detroit and green peter this summer.