Kokanee Power Oregon derby's

R

roguerick

WOW!!!! That"s Awesome Chuck.look forward to seeing you again. It doesn't look like we are going to be able to draw Fishfinger off the couch:( for this one but he's working up to Odell. Sounds like we will see him there. I will be ubable to attend your Derby as I have a Family reunion that weekend,darn :(

F

FishFinger

Got a PM from Troutski this morning..... He's tied up with work and won't be able to make it. With out him I am land locked....... For the record I am not attached to the couch.... lol, rather I'm neck deep in the boat renovation gig. It's coming along nicely but I doubt I'll have it completed by the 6th.

With out question I will be making a show at Odell and I'll bring as many offers as I can shoe horn safely into my soon to be fish killing machine.

R

roguerick

Toutski??? Work?:lol:You have got to be kidding:lol::lol::lol:
Man that bum"s me out that you guys aren't going to be there. But I will hold you to your word on Odell. I look forward to seeing the ultimate,super rebuilt, fish killing scow in action at Odell.
I would like to get to know all of you OFF guy's and gals. I think it would be fun to have a team derby or fish off between OKP & OFF once a year. Maybe over the winter we can work one out, What do you think?
Hang in there and NO days off until it's done

J

JeannaJigs

I'm stoked about Odell, think I'm gonna do it this year, Gotta make sure I have access to the boat that weekend, and then I'm in.

R

roguerick

Great!!:clap: Jeannajigs,. are we going to see you at Green Peter??

J

JeannaJigs

Great!!:clap: Jeannajigs,. are we going to see you at Green Peter??
Nope, never been to green peter, ever...so I'd be way way out of my element, and I have prior engagements I'd love to break, but can't.

F

FishFinger

Jenna, it would be great if you do make it to Odell, not only would we have a OF contingent, we would also have a north vs south competition .... I feel the excitement building...... lol

J

JeannaJigs

Lol competition eh? I'm going to register and will be there for sure, even if I really don't know what i'm doing a whole heck of a lot when it comes to kokes. It just wouldn't be right if there wasn't a southern OFF-er going.

Now my only problem is that I sold my boat...fortunately I sold it to my folks...unfortunately...they like to remind me that it's not mine, and aren't eager to let me use it unless they are present, something about me sinking their 14 footer when I was 17...they just can't forget about that incident...haha so I'm going to have to do some convincing. Odell isn't 'toon friendly, even when she's laying flat (which is...hardly ever), or I'd just go that route.

T

Thuggin4Life

If you want to go and need a boat i have one. Can't afford to register but would like to fish just to fish.

J

JeannaJigs

If my boat situation doesn't come through, and you can provide a boat...I'll pay your registration. The deal is that every person in the boat must be registered, regardless. I just want to fish :( no boat makes it impossible.

T

Thuggin4Life

That would be cool I try to keep her gassed up. But I.m old school and don't fish with a fish finder or electric pulse lasers. I have court very soon and will have to give up the captains seat but I don't mind. I can still catch fish from the front seat.

C

capron6

Just three more days until the Green Peter Derby, yay! :dance: It certainly isn't too late to enter. We can still take your entry via phone with a credit card for payment. Call Greg 541-973-4831 or Ron 707-350-3430.

The fishing has picked up some this week and should make for some decent catches come Saturday. Kokanee Power has Anglers West TV coming to film for an upcoming show so be sure to have your smiles on. Additionally, we have representatives from Shasta Tackle, Pro-Cure, R&K spinners, Rogue Rods, and Uncle Larry's Lures attending and they will be available to answer questions regarding their products and the 'how-to's' of using them. Many sponsors have donated products for prizes as well. Look forward to seeing you.

Troutski

Troutski

Good luck...

Good luck...

I won't be able to make it this year due to my work schedule, why is it that work always seems to get in the way of fishing...:confused: Take care and have a safe and accident free derby. May the best OFF member win...;) what I can say that.

Chuck

C

capron6

There will be some pics posted on kokaneepower.org in a few days. I am still waiting for some additional pics taken by other folks than myself. Also will post results as soon as our Pres calls me with them, or he may post them himself. When we hear what date Angler's West TV will air their coverage of the Derby we will advise also. Those in Eugene be sure to watch your newspaper for upcoming coverage of the event by your hunting and fishing writer Mike Stahlberg from the Register-Guard. (Nice meeting you Mike, hope you enjoyed your boat ride.)

The weather could have been better, and so could have the fishing. It was a tough day but those who were able to perservere did OK. Unfortunately I wasn't one of those. Seems that a good time by all who attended was the rule of the day. At least we had a lot of smiling faces. Thanks to all who attended, your support makes events like this possible and helps us to help with inland fisheries of Salmon, Kokanee, and Trout. More to follow.
Ron

O

Oregonchris

There will be some pics posted on kokaneepower.org in a few days. I am still waiting for some additional pics taken by other folks than myself. Also will post results as soon as our Pres calls me with them, or he may post them himself. When we hear what date Angler's West TV will air their coverage of the Derby we will advise also. Those in Eugene be sure to watch your newspaper for upcoming coverage of the event by your hunting and fishing writer Mike Stahlberg from the Register-Guard. (Nice meeting you Mike, hope you enjoyed your boat ride.)

The weather could have been better, and so could have the fishing. It was a tough day but those who were able to perservere did OK. Unfortunately I wasn't one of those. Seems that a good time by all who attended was the rule of the day. At least we had a lot of smiling faces. Thanks to all who attended, your support makes events like this possible and helps us to help with inland fisheries of Salmon, Kokanee, and Trout. More to follow.
Ron

Can you give us a hint about the size and #'s of fish caught??????

C

capron6

OK everyone, here are the much anticipated results from yesterday's (6-6-2009) derby at Green Peter Reservoir.

Junior Division Winner: Dawson Dye, Salem, OR .68 lbs.

1st - Jack Schultz, Oakland, CA, 4.31 lbs.
2nd - Rick Fielder, Rogue River, OR, 4.31 lbs.
3rd - Greg Smith, Salem, OR, 4.23 lbs.
4th - Kevin Anderson, Albany, OR, 3.90 lbs.
5th - Doug Herschbach, Salem, OR, 3.90 lbs.
6th - Chester Jahn, Monmouth, OR, 3.89 lbs.
7th - Wayne Douma, Eagle Point, OR, 3.39 lbs.
8th - Gary Miralles, Bella Vista, CA, 3.39 lbs.
9th - Ray Brant, Lebanon, OR, 3.39 lbs.
10th - Greg Graham, Gold Hill, OR, 3.26 lbs.

Blind Bogey: Glenda Smith, Salem, OR, 2.40 lbs., $82.50
Chinook side pot: Curtis Hyde, 2.96 lbs., $52.50

Largest kokanee caught was just a hair over 17".

Thanks to everyone who participated and attended our event. We surely had a great time and we hope you did too.
Ron

R

roguerick

It was a good time at the derby,Thank you Kokanee Power. The fishing was tough...and that's is an understatement. The fish were not schooled up, scattered all over the lake. No consistency on one bait.
Most of our fish came on Uncle Larry's spinners behind Shasta tackle Sling blades. That being said, I also picked up fish on Apex's, Mario bugs, and hoochies, you name it and I used it. in talking to the other fisherman at the aweigh-in, Green wiggle hoochies seemed to the most consistent killer.
the bulk of our fish were hooked in the 30-45 foot depth, with a late bite 11:00 to 2:00. I did how ever however catch a BIG crappie 1 1/2 lbs on a glow Apex at 4.45 am at 33 ft on the down rigger. What's with that?? I didn't know that there was any Crappie in that lake. To bad Troutski and Fishfinger coulden't make it, becaust they missed a fun one.
See ya all at Odell next month.

P.S. Ask Capron where he finished, "The South win's again" the poor old fool had to wear the two toned Monkey hair hat..AGAIN

Last edited:
C

capron6

Shush, Rick, I am still sulking. FYI I have heard I ended up in 12th place, which is about as fruitful as finishing last. But, I had a total good time and I sure like the new hat you brought me, it keeps my bald head warm. Monkey hair is good stuff.:dance::D

Concerning the crappie, that is news to me as well. I will check with my local biologist and see what he has to say. Very interesting.