A Plugger
Hi,

Just curious, are there any Kokanee in Fall Creek Reservoir? :pray:

Thanks for any info,

A Plugger

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF.

According to "Complete Angler's Guide to Oregon", there are no kokes in Fall Cr. Res. However, it seems like I've heard of some chinokanee in there. Not really sure, but maybe.

X
xltom
Never caught a kokanee but lots of land-locked chinook, also saw a couple bass caught and I caught a crappie there too. Of course there are trout as well.

T
Thuggin4Life
Chinokanee. that's gonna cost you 5 cents to use my word td. yeah what they said land locked chinook that look a lot like a koke hence the rumors.

R
rippin fish lips
There is huge land long chinook in there if you can get to them!! They are really picky and few of em.
I have seen a few caught there, I saw 2 one day feeding under the winberry boat dock (long one) one day puttin the boat in. They were BIG!!! Didn't bother fishin for em cuz of the no fishing sign. But i believe there is some big a55 fish in there.

troutdude
troutdude
Thuggin4Life said:
Chinokanee. that's gonna cost you 5 cents to use my word td. yeah what they said land locked chinook that look a lot like a koke hence the rumors.

OK. When you're not lookin', I'll pilfer one of your empties and give you change. LOL

I think you're word is the bombdiggety!

T
TTFishon
rippin fish lips said:
There is huge land long chinook in there if you can get to them!! They are really picky and few of em.
I have seen a few caught there, I saw 2 one day feeding under the winberry boat dock (long one) one day puttin the boat in. They were BIG!!! Didn't bother fishin for em cuz of the no fishing sign. But i believe there is some big a55 fish in there.

What time of the year did you see these big ones? ODFW trucks in adults towards the end of summer.

R
rippin fish lips
TTFishon said:
What time of the year did you see these big ones? ODFW trucks in adults towards the end of summer.

It was in augest, mid to late august. I saw them and they werent no brooder trout or big ass bass! they had to been atleast 30 inches long.

X
xltom
rippin fish lips said:
It was in augest, mid to late august. I saw them and they werent no brooder trout or big ass bass! they had to been atleast 30 inches long.

Andy and I have seen very large chubs or what I would call a mud sucker back east, cruising under the boat in clear shallow water... no idea what species. Maybe Thuggin knows more about em. They were big enough to be mistaken for a very large trout or jack salmon easily.

T
Thuggin4Life
mud suckers. lol sucker fish. no odfw trucks adult salmon from the creek to the lake because of the no fish lkadder deal.

R
rippin fish lips
xltom said:
Andy and I have seen very large chubs or what I would call a mud sucker back east, cruising under the boat in clear shallow water... no idea what species. Maybe Thuggin knows more about em. They were big enough to be mistaken for a very large trout or jack salmon easily.

i have seen them, but these were adult salmon that i saw.

A
A Plugger
Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll be heading to Green Peter if I want to catch Kokanee.

X
xltom
Welcome to the forum A Plugger!!! I hear there's good kokanee fishin' at wickiup opening soon. Hopefully some friends and I will be camping/fishing there opening weekend. We should have 3 or 4 boats. Just look for the O.F.F. stickers and say hello if'n you make it out there.

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
A Plugger said:
Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll be heading to Green Peter if I want to catch Kokanee.

Odell has usually epic numbers of kokes all summer long...

Wickiup has some, crescent, east lake...

troutdude
troutdude
Suttle Lake also has a population of kokes (and browns).