Kokanee and Detroit Lake

C
Cedar
Been fishing Detroit for years! I’m the guy in the blue sh!tbox boat usually non stop reeling in fish 😂, I went last weekend and pulled more good sized Kokanee then ever before, 13-15 inches consistently! What’s the biggest Kokanee you have seen come out of the lake and what’s the trick to land a “monster”

C_Run
C_Run
Here's my biggest and only Detroit kokanee.

• P1050386 - Copy.JPG
  • Haha
Reactions: troutdude, jamisonace and Admin
REELY HOOKED
REELY HOOKED
Cedar said:
Been fishing Detroit for years! I’m the guy in the blue sh!tbox boat usually non stop reeling in fish 😂, I went last weekend and pulled more good sized Kokanee then ever before, 13-15 inches consistently! What’s the biggest Kokanee you have seen come out of the lake and what’s the trick to land a “monster”
Hello, I have never fished for Kokanee, but would like to learn how. Is this a good time of year to head to Detroit Lake for these?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Cedar said:
Those sh!tbox boats are usually fishy. The guys that own the nice boats have to work too much to pay for them. :)

• Haha
Reactions: troutdude and Cedar
C
Cedar
REELY HOOKED said:
Hello, I have never fished for Kokanee, but would like to learn how. Is this a good time of year to head to Detroit Lake for these?
Absolutely!!! They are a cold water fish. They bite year round but have more life, and the lake is lower so you concentrate the fish. Mongold has a winter ramp, run ford fenders with a neon color wedding ring, and yellow corn. 2ounce weight, slow troll about 2mph at 25 “pulls” this time of year

DOKF
DOKF
I have yet to chase kokanee, but they are on my bucket list.

E
Eazy-E
I went to Detroit this weekend 12/5 and the water was the lowest ive ever seen. Youd have to drag your boat through mud at the bottom of mongold to reach the water.. Lots of fish jumping 200yds out teasing us on the shore, just couldn't get one on my line.