Knots you need to know for fishing

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Love this site! Thanks for reminding me about it. :thumb:

S
sapo
This site is great! I do actually prefer to have a video rather than slides of tying the knots, helps me figure out how to tie them. Also, don't be confused by how many knots there are-pretty much you only need improved clinch and maybe surgeons when fly fishing or spin fishing

P
playhooky
Agree.....too many knots can be confusing unless of course you're a sailor....then it's your life! Surgeons, clinch and improved clinch you gotta know. Another very easy and effective knot I like is the "NO NAIL-NAIL KNOT". It's handy. Found it surprisingly enough in the middle of a cool fly fishing YouTube vid titled "Killing Chironomids". The video alone without the knot is worth it but the knot is a bonus. Btw sapo.....nice vid on fly line earlier. Thanks. Also glad you guys got out on the Crooked the other day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B
Big3d
The palomar is certainly a must if you like superlines. Love that website. I learned most of my knots there! Good thing to share!

EOBOY
EOBOY
Yep love that site. If you have shaky hands like me a good tool helps also.

nikita_pdx
nikita_pdx
Palomar, Davy, T-knot, Clinch

D
DonF
Love these knot site's. I don't remember the names of knots very well but just a few knots I use. Palomar is supposed to be a great knot and now and then I do use one. Cinch knot another good one but improved doesn't seem to add a thing to me, I use the standard cinch knot mostly. My most used knot for tying on hooks is the snell knot, think thats what its called. For joining two lines, I like the blood knot but have a hard time tying it for some reason. That Albright knot I used to put leader on flyline years ago. I suppose your all impressed with ky knowledge of knot name's. Well actually before I write the name down I go to a knot site and look it up! I remember as a kid fishing for 3" bluegills, I used a overhand knot. Do it several time and it works great!