Knee replacements

Bob Budesa

It was such a peaceful forum,
Lol
What pushed you over the edge to have this done? The cartilage in my right knee was ruined in 1971 jumping off a hay wagon, and I've been putting up with varying degrees of pain since then. I can't go for a walk, or wade past my knees now without wincing and limping. My knee is somewhat disfigured now with bony knots sticking out here and there, but to be honest, the thought of doing this has me a bit scared.

Troutski

Over the decades I have tried three unsussfully procedures.. this time it was all in.
Had no idea the pain level would be so severe.. after being blown up in Southeast Asia I figured I had experienced the max pain overload we as human could endure..
Sorry I digress, it’s been a week plus one day and I must admit the procedure pain is slowing down and I have put my full weight on it with a smile. Now I’m jumping up and down but it was painless...
Time will tell about the new knee, I’m still keeping this new rod and reel, I know that wasn’t the deal but that beautiful Lammie looked so lonely without a jewel attached.. well I knew you would understand.
I will post as the new rod : I mean knee is doing..

Chuck

troutdude

Glad to hear that you're faring well Mister @Troutski!

It's almost time for the fish to be afraid. Very afraid!

EDIT: P.S. God bless you for serving your country in that horrible quagmire. I'm very glad that you returned home to us!

Troutski

Glad to hear that you're faring well Mister @Troutski!

It's almost time for the fish to be afraid. Very afraid!

EDIT: P.S. God bless you for serving your country in that horrible quagmire. I'm very glad that you returned home to us!
A very unique time in my life..,I am me because of it. The Thank You is appreciated ..
Chuck

newfydog

Hang in there and keep up the PT! I took a fall from way up a bank the first of October and demolished my 65 year old elbow. They had to saw off the end of the radius and replace it with titanium, and drill five holes through other bones to tie things back together.

I started out barely moving my arm and hand. Did exercises five times a day without missing a session. Now I have most of the motion back and am gaining strength.

I took advantage of the down time to learn to cast right handed. Then I had a good excuse to buy a super light 7' 3 wt.. and could cast that with my bionic left arm. Last week I was able to cast a 9 ft rod with indicator and beadhead stonefly nymph. Next week I leave for a couple weeks in Argentina.

Attachments

Troutski

Hang in there and keep up the PT! I took a fall from way up a bank the first of October and demolished my 65 year old elbow. They had to saw off the end of the radius and replace it with titanium, and drill five holes through other bones to tie things back together.

I started out barely moving my arm and hand. Did exercises five times a day without missing a session. Now I have most of the motion back and am gaining strength.

I took advantage of the down time to learn to cast right handed. Then I had a good excuse to buy a super light 7' 3 wt.. and could cast that with my bionic left arm. Last week I was able to cast a 9 ft rod with indicator and beadhead stonefly nymph. Next week I leave for a couple weeks in Argentina.
Now that’s how you wish a fellow well and feeling inspired .. thanks again, the very best to you on you up coming Argentina!!!
Chuck

MN3weight

I had my left knee replaced Nov 2018. I was very active - triathlete, runner, high school basketball official, golfer, softball player, trout fisherman, etc. As mentioned do your rehab exercises and walk as much as you can. I had no problems fishing in 2019. I played softball with no issues. Last fall I had to to start running to build up stamina/endurance for basketball season (usually I was already in great shape). Basketball has gone fine, I'm officiating roughly 2 nights a week. I seldom even think about my knee except when I look at it. It is still noticeably bigger than my right knee but works fine. Be motivated and you should have no issues you cannot overcome. If you work at it early to get good range of motion, it should keep getting better. Good luck!

Top Bottom