Knee replacements

Troutski

Just curious if anyone on the forum has had a knee replacement in the last year, checking for helpful hints; you know all those little things they don't tell you.
Anyway if you have some kind comments it will be helpful.

Chuck

troutdude

Hey buddy. I can't OFFer any help. But I do hope that it goes well--and that you have a speedy recovery!

pinstriper

From the experiences related by other I know (none recent) the overwhelming advice was this: do your physical therapy with everything you have. The better you do, the better it will turn out.

Orgwayne

Do what Pinstriper SAYS. Late FIL sat around after His Knee operation and it never was right , Lady I worked with had hers done in Eugene , and She is 100 % good , Good Luck
Wayne

Gulfstream

Most Featured
I just had a total hip replacement done. I went to OHSU for the procedure [I live in Coos Bay] and I would HIGHLY recommend you contact their total joint replacement team. OUTSTANDING people.

wils

talk with your doc/pt about exercises to do NOW so that the habit of exercising and the muscles needed will already be in place before your replacement.

Irishrover

Most Featured
Two years post op. Make sure to maintain the pain meds. That allows for exercise. When possible keep the leg elevated to lessen swelling. Try to get the machine that moves the leg while in bed. The experience was not fun. The shoulder replacement was much better. More later.

Last edited:

Irishrover

Most Featured
One of the biggest impediments to a quick recover was the swelling. Swelling made it harder to do the necessary exercises and more painful to move the leg. Do the ice treatments and elevate the leg when possible. Now the leg is much better than pre op conditions.

Troutski

Thanks everyone for all your info, I started my pt last month.. some pain but kept going.. by the time I have the procedure I should be ready..
I’ll keep you updated..

Chuck

Troutski

Well I now have a new knee.. oh my!!
On my way home.. what a great time to be alive. Now comes the PT, then my new rod gets christened.. something to push me!

Chuck

4labs

Good for you.
Life is toooo short to put up with that pain.
keep up with the PT
had a neighbor in Gold Beach that didn't and ruined the entire procedure.
now he's almost a cripple
good to hear from Whip

Top Bottom