Klamath River fishin

M
MIKE (YGA)
We caught this stelhead floatin the klamath river on my fish hunter driftin roe balls. We caught about 20 fish total. That 4+ was the biggest of the day... :dance:
YoungGunAnglers

• meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeko.jpg
P
Phil_Bud
Dang mike yga thats a hawg...way to go on the klamath, steelhead capital of the world... see you this weekend...we'll get a few more of those..hopefully a couple bigger 1s lol

M
MIKE (YGA)
thanks phil bud... yea we will definitely be hookin some fish like this... i can't wait.

P
Phil_Bud
Man thats a healthy fish...can't get over it...looks like a football...bet that was fun reelin that in.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice catch!

B
BlackBass
Fat football Rainbow trout. Nice fish

P
Phil_Bud
BlackBass said:
Fat football Rainbow trout. Nice fish

In california any rainbow that goes to the ocean and back into river systems and is over 16 inches in length are steelhead.
correct me if im wrong.

T
todd
damn vary nice fish

T
Throbbit _Shane
Phil_Bud said:
In california any rainbow that goes to the ocean and back into river systems and is over 16 inches in length are steelhead.
correct me if im wrong.

I thought it looked like a rainbow as well. You are correct about trout being classified as steelhead in the regulations if they are over 16 inches, in rivers with sea going fish. But i also believe not all the trout decide to travel to the sea. Either way its a great fish! :D

M
MIKE (YGA)
thaks guys

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
MIKE (YGA) said:
We caught this stelhead floatin the klamath river on my fish hunter driftin roe balls. We caught about 20 fish total. That 4+ was the biggest of the day... :dance:
YoungGunAnglers
Whether you call it a fat Rainbow Trout or a chubby Steelhead, it is beautiful!

C
capblack
steelhead, rainbow trout, whats the difference, its kind of like the difference between blacktail and mule deers, and rocky mountain and roosevelt elk. makes no difference, nice fish. id say its been eating well. Brian