keyboard problems

T

TTFishon

1st off. i am never letting someone else use my computer again.:mad: somehow our neighbor messed up our keyboard. it types gibberish now. somehow each and every key has a new function than what its suppose to have. for instance, when i type the "t" key it types an "f" or when i hit the backspace button it types one of these "]"

does anyone know how to fix this problem?

G

GraphiteZen

1st off. i am never letting someone else use my computer again.:mad: somehow our neighbor messed up our keyboard. it types gibberish now. somehow each and every key has a new function than what its suppose to have. for instance, when i type the "t" key it types an "f" or when i hit the backspace button it types one of these "]"

does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Shut down your pc. Unplug the KB. Turn the pc on and when it promts for the KB, plug it in. If at that point the KB doesn't work, shut it down again and restart with the KB plugged in. If it still doesn't work, check it for soda damage. ;)

brandon4455

brandon4455

if it's wireless the batteries are low. that happend to my friends comp.

G

GraphiteZen

if it's wireless the batteries are low. that happend to my friends comp.

That makes sense if you look at the location of the keys. It's probably dropping a set number of pulses due to a lack of current from the batt and thinks the input is coming from a row lower, assuming the pulse count grows and you move up through the keys...

T

TTFishon

no its not wireless and ive tried restarting it both ways mentioned. my wife went and bought a refurbished kb but its got an old school cord that apparently is a piece of crap. i think im going to splice the wires tomorrow. hope that works because this on screen keyboard sucks. lol

G

GraphiteZen

no its not wireless and ive tried restarting it both ways mentioned. my wife went and bought a refurbished kb but its got an old school cord that apparently is a piece of crap. i think im going to splice the wires tomorrow. hope that works because this on screen keyboard sucks. lol

haha... on screen keyboard. Reinstall your drivers.

brandon4455

brandon4455

get one from rose or goodwill. two good options :p

J

JeannaJigs

Oh man, I'd be murderin' lol. Had a similar thing happen with my work computer. Had a nice ergonomic keyboard...they spilled something on it, to this day I don't know what, probably don't want to either....but it was toast. It was replaced with a ghetto piece of crap Dell, with a space that likes to stick...yeah it's rad.

T

tomriker

everyone knows wireless keyboards suck, get a USB one anyways they're more optimal for gaming :)

T

TTFishon

Oh man, I'd be murderin' lol. Had a similar thing happen with my work computer. Had a nice ergonomic keyboard...they spilled something on it, to this day I don't know what, probably don't want to either....but it was toast. It was replaced with a ghetto piece of crap Dell, with a space that likes to stick...yeah it's rad.

i wonder if my neighbor spilled her wine on it?

J

JeannaJigs

Lol if wine was involved, your investigation need not go any further.

L

lilsalmon

St. Vinnies here in Albany isbetter than Goodwill, cheaper too.

Top Bottom