Kelly/Dianna/Maxwell Lake in Eugene

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Fished the lake south down the expressway from Beltline, definitely not the smoothest kayak launch. Fished it for 3 hours, caught 3 and lost 2.

Lots of grass carp swimming around for sure

Easy to fish, not a lot of decent fish though.
20200419_102523.jpg
20200419_104239.jpg
20200419_115554.jpg
Screenshot_20200418-184742_Maps.jpg

Reactions: Admin
isabella
isabella
I have been told that that pond is closed to fishing. Contact odfw dont want you to get in trouble.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
isabella said:
I have been told that that pond is closed to fishing. Contact odfw dont want you to get in trouble.
I wasn't aware of that

I've seen dozens of people fishing it recently, is it closed for Corona? Or some kind of sanctuary?

isabella
isabella
This I was told it is part of a OSU or U of O research area.

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
isabella said:
There is a "turtle sanctuary" just north of there that I think is included in the park. I wasn't aware you couldn't fish it, definitely not posted anywhere, I walked almost the whole perimeter

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
isabella said:
isabella said:
So far the consensus on Facebook, is that it is owned by the railroad company and is definitely fishable

maxwyatt
maxwyatt
I would be hesitant to consume fish from ponds that close to the railroad yards. There has been documented well contamination in the Trainsong neighborhood near the tracks.