Keeper sturgeon

J
joesnuffy
Hey all. It's been a long time since I've posted anything on here. I hope all is well.

Anyways, I've been out twice in 2015 so far. Both trips were at the mouth of the Deschutes River. The first trip I landed 12+ shakers, lost one that I thought would be a keeper at the side of the kayak and had a great day over all.

The second trip I managed to hook 4 fish and ended up landing a 47.5 inch keeper. Yeah me!!!

If your interested, here are a couple short videos of both trips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqeFjdeBZHo

B
billfisher
Very nice! Looks like a blast. :thumb:

bass
bass
Great job! That water looks so pretty.

F
flocaster
Sweet vids man! I've got to get into a sturgeon this year. Wanted to for 20+ years and it just hasn't happened yet

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
great stuff Justin, love the smoooooth water, thanks for posting over here... cheers, roger

J
joesnuffy
Sturgeon fishing is a lot easier then most people think. With the right rod and reel, you can land almost anything that's swimming in Oregon.

P
playhooky
I agree that sturgeon fishing is easy......but I'm think'n that measuring up a squirming 4 footer across the beam of a kayak can be a little challenging. Sure looks like fun though! Good on ya joesnuffy! Nothing like a squid cocktail for ol' sturgy. Nice work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jamisonace
jamisonace
Excellent video. Congrats on the keeper.