Kayak beach launch: epic failure

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
cross posting this from over at the kayak fishing website, this guy is lucky to be in relatively mild conditions off Carmel CA, here in the NW he could have ended up getting hurt real good...clearly his buddies should have helped him launch first (or suggested he take up a different hobby).

http://youtu.be/fpWr1rLO5WY

B
billfisher
Good Grief! Thats Crazy!

T
Throbbit _Shane
The guy filming should of helped out. Maybe not with the launch but collecting his gear that fell off.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Throbbit _Shane said:
The guy filming should of helped out. Maybe not with the launch but collecting his gear that fell off.

I think he was up a cliff face and was blocked from getting down quickly.

T
TimberTodd
It didn't look like that much of a cliff in front of the guy filming. IMO its just another person gaining a few minutes of YouTube fame while someone else is in a dangerous situation. The kayaker is truly lucky there weren't more rocks. Thanks for posting the link though Roger. Its a good reminder for folks to be careful.

Last edited:
jamisonace
jamisonace
This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I giggled the entire time.

Pretty sure there was a cliff there.

Markk
Markk
Yikes!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Good lesson for the guy, but I think he was drunk or stoned. He's stumbling around in the absolute worst spot to launch. Hilarious.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GraphiteZen said:
Good lesson for the guy, but I think he was drunk or stoned. He's stumbling around in the absolute worst spot to launch. Hilarious.

x2. I was thinking he might have had an extra pull or 2 on the Fireball Whisky!

T
Throbbit _Shane
If you watch the end of it there's a picture of him with the other kayakers. I say he did ok as long as he got his gear back. I didn't watch most of the video though, ended up skipping through it as I wanted to help the guy instead of laugh.

EOBOY
EOBOY
GraphiteZen said:

I 2nd that

J
JonT
Yeah, that's not how it's done. Hope he learned something.

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
The Theme music of Benny Hill Comes to mind.....

Reactions: rogerdodger