Just wondering

S
sturgeon killer
my buddy was fishing at herman creek, which is closed but he had no idea. was his first time salmon fishing, and he got a ticket. i was just wondering how mch those tickets usually are? i mean he's never been in trouble b4 for fishing, and theres no signs posted anywhere around there that says the area is closed for fishing. jw how much his ticket is going to be?

M
metalmania
About 6 years ago I got a 150$ ticket for fishing the day after a lake had closed thinking I still had one more day to fish. I was bummed about it but it was still my fault. You just gotta remember to check the regs and keep up with changes.

B
beaverfan
Unfortunately it's up to us to read the regs not for ODFW to put up signs. I would think it will be around 200.00

S
sturgeon killer
oh, ok he was spooked because he had heard from someone it was a 500$ fine and he doesn't have the cash for that(who does tho?). thanks.

S
sturgeon killer
beaverfan said:
Unfortunately it's up to us to read the regs not for ODFW to put up signs. I would think it will be around 200.00

for sure i agree. he had never even been salmon fishing before, or even had tags before this year. he usually only fishes for bass and catfish. he knows he did something wrong, and wont do it again. ive never seen him in trouble for the last 6 yrs except when he was 18 and got a weed misdomeaner violation. just a ticket, didn't even have to show for court. so yea thanks for the info

B
beaverfan
Oh I'm not trying to harp on him, we all make mistakes. One time I got busted out in my float tube because I forgot my wallet in my dad's truck. Less than two hundred yards away and it cost me 200 bucks. And that was when I was like 16 with my dad right there. All because I didn't have my fishing license on me.

S
sturgeon killer
damn that sucks. you might as well have not bought a lisence and got in trouble for a reason lol