Just tossing this out....

E
eggs
Can't hurt to do it.. Can't have it work without trying..

Anyone want to give me like a.. $500..gift??

I would like to buy a 2 or 3wt rod w/ reel & line.. also need a spare spool for the 8wt and a skagit or skandi shooting setup ..

Thanks in advance!

I am scared if I ask the wife she will murder me or break all my rods.. Something about buying a boat/trailer(which took her parking spot in the garage), 3 casting rods and reels, 3 spinning rods and reels, 2 fly rods and reels, waders/boots, and tackle/flies ALL this year... I just don't know if I can talk her into anything more without her killing or leaving me and she stole all the CC's from me to prevent me from doing just this, buying more fishing stuff hahahha.

:D

-Eggs

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Uh,oh that's not good!! I hear ya,lost all my plastic four months ago. Good luck feeding your addiction without 'em. Maybe a yard sale allowance? :lol:

B
bigsteel
eggs said:
Can't hurt to do it.. Can't have it work without trying..

Anyone want to give me like a.. $500..gift??

I would like to buy a 2 or 3wt rod w/ reel & line.. also need a spare spool for the 8wt and a skagit or skandi shooting setup ..

Thanks in advance!

I am scared if I ask the wife she will murder me or break all my rods.. Something about buying a boat/trailer(which took her parking spot in the garage), 3 casting rods and reels, 3 spinning rods and reels, 2 fly rods and reels, waders/boots, and tackle/flies ALL this year... I just don't know if I can talk her into anything more without her killing or leaving me and she stole all the CC's from me to prevent me from doing just this, buying more fishing stuff hahahha.

:D

-Eggs

im loooking at 3 weigts right now,,let me see what i can do bro

E
eggs
See if they can do a buy one get one free :D I'll split the cost with ya!

L
lilsalmon
sheesh you guys.......men and their toys...can I get in on this? :lol: :lol: :lol:

E
eggs
I think the wife was figuring I would spend around $500 bucks this year on fishing...... I think I over shot that maybe 6 or 8 times.. AND THE YEAR ISN'T OVER!!!

B
bigsteel
ill see what i can do guys,,im looking at the echo carbon 3 weights

G
GDBrown
Sorry, I'm taped out.... Bought a new 5 wt to take to Utah this week. Shhh.. The wife doesn't know!

GD

T
Thuggin4Life
I feel you i took out a credit card just to max out in the same day i got it to help with the boat fund. i would suggest saving up for it and it will be that much better when you get it.

E
eggs
Agreed but I just felt like panhandling for fishing gear!

O
OnTheFly
Wow! "You've gotta lot of explaining to do Lucy" Sounds like you need to lay low for awhile and work out an extortion plan.

T
Thuggin4Life
I have some random used to really used flys i have aquired through out the years you can have.

E
eggs
Haha thanks for the offer bro that super nice of you but I think I have a good amount of flies.. just jonesing for a tiny rod to make 10" trout feel like a steelhead and a rocket launching setup to make reaching the far bank less work!

T
Thuggin4Life
just gog to bimart and buy the 2 foot spinning combo for like 20 bucks.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Thuggin4Life said:

My neice and nephews have those rods. Its fun to tie on a dog toy and catch puppies LOL :D

O
OnTheFly
Thuggin4Life said:
Isn't that one of those Pocket Pal fishing set ups? Heck...save your money eggs, I'll buy you one if you like.:D

E
eggs
I have a 4' long, 1-4lb ultalight ugly stick with 500 series shimano that holds like 40 yards of 4lb line at most.. SUPER FUN ROD.. I caught and landed a 20" brooder on it last summer! What a battle and that's what I want on a fly rod!

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
Agreed but I just felt like panhandling for fishing gear!

LOL! Next we'll see eggs standing at the bottom of a freeway exit wearing his waders holding a sign that reads something like 'Need Fishing Gear. Anything Helps. God Bless':lol:

Last edited:
E
eggs
Think I can pull it OFF in Maupin this weekend???

T
Thuggin4Life
OnTheFly said:
Isn't that one of those Pocket Pal fishing set ups? Heck...save your money eggs, I'll buy you one if you like.:D

no its a real rod but its super short.