Just something different

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
Just something a little different, which I don't think any of you have had the pleasure. This was back in the early mid 70's, I was riding and MSO or Minesweeper at the time and we had the Zbird out. I think it was a 15 ft with a 25 hp Johnson. NOw for those of you who don't know what a Z Bird is well It is an inflatable boat with a hard floor in it. I am pretty sure you have seen one in the movies, the run udt or seals into the beach or pick them up out of the water, grey in color and have an inflatable pointed bow on them. So we are off the west coast of Florida around Panama City doing our drills and the seas were a bit on the curly side. . When heading into the wind the only way to keep from going over backwards I had to ride in the bow and since there were only two of us in the boat that was my place to ride, yeah it got to be a bit more than fun. So anyway we finished our drills and pulled in along the side just before we got to the side I look down between the ship and the boat and I saw this fin cut the water between the Z bird and where we were going to tie up to get back on the ship.

Reactions: Fummus
Fummus
Fummus
This is a very cool read DLC, thanks for sharing. Has me wondering what happened next. What kind of (shark presumably) was it? How big was it? I'm guessing that it wasn't too uncommon to see sharks off the west coast of Florida, but no idea what varieties.

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
sorry but it was a porpoise,