Just got back!

B
Big Hairy Dawg
We just got back from a weekend at the Diamond. Kicked out two 20" fish. One for my wife and one for me. We used power bait on the bottom but there was this guy.....in a drift boat flyfishing and just hammering them. Saturday there was a huge hatch going on and the bite was on just under the surface. He was stripping in the line and caught fish almost every other cast. Mesquitoes were not bad. Lots of other non biting insects.
Try the shallow water just out from the Pizza place. We was in 6 feet of water and using chartrues power bait with sparkles.

Good luck!

B
bigsteel
way to go,,,looks like a great trip

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good for you and your wife!! Sounds like you had a fun time. So,do you plan to go over to the dark side and become a fly fisher?

M
Metz84
Congrats, those are some nice lookin fish.:clap:

T
Throbbit _Shane
thanks for the report!! i need to get back there asap :D

N
nwkiller
nice fish, i need to get up there

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish! One of these days i will make it up there.

C
cobias
Nice fish !

Nice fish !

Beautifull fish ! I have to get up there next summer.

troutdude
troutdude
Did you get a look to see what kind of flies, the drift boat captain was using?

M
Mike123
Got a couple little stockers eh? HAHA.. Just kiddin. Those are pigggss! Very nice catch!

B
Browning
Those Diamond Lake toads eat as good as they look too. I gotta get back up there! Nice fish!

T
the salmon kid
i saw you at diamond lake i was the kid in full camo and was fishing with flys in the rubber raft and the one fishing on that 14 ft boat with the trolling motor, i saw you in the cleaning stations too, we got over 6 fish over 20 inches that week you mite of have saw me i was the only one standing up,fishing and controlling the boat at the same time:D
we were there all weekend and my and 2 friends limited out every day using power bait and flys by the pizza parlor;)

B
Big Hairy Dawg
Thank you all...and I will be going back over to Diamond in September, either the 11th or 18th weekends. Oh and Raincatcher ... I will have my fly rods with me. I have been drawn to the dark side but just beginning...I missed that huge hatch on Saturday and learned a lesson that...Your fly rod and fly boxes don't take up any more room in the boat!
I couldn't see what the guy in the drift boat was using but I saw him stripping with one rod and had a float with the other, so he was under the surface for sure. With the hatch going on I think it probably didn't matter, they were in a feeding frenzy!

B
bigfootfish
Big Hairy Dawg said:
Thank you all...and I will be going back over to Diamond in September, either the 11th or 18th weekends. Oh and Raincatcher ... I will have my fly rods with me. I have been drawn to the dark side but just beginning...I missed that huge hatch on Saturday and learned a lesson that...Your fly rod and fly boxes don't take up any more room in the boat!
I couldn't see what the guy in the drift boat was using but I saw him stripping with one rod and had a float with the other, so he was under the surface for sure. With the hatch going on I think it probably didn't matter, they were in a feeding frenzy!

Premium Trout! I gotta get away there. Antelope Flat Rez is very simular to Diamond. ODFW poisoned it last summer 'cause of yellowbellies some dumb'ss planted a few years ago. Like Diamond, Antelope has a super-abundant natural food supply for the trout. Most everywhere in Oregon most trout grow 6 inches a year. At Diamond AND Deer Lake and ANTELOPE RESERVOIR them trout grow double, or 12 inches a year, according to ODFW. It's true.

BFF

B
bigfootfish
Sounds like RC is a Star Wars Fan plus a Crock Dundee fan. Hmmmm. There's hope to be seen OFF the Starboard bow. Fore and Aft, actually.

BFF

Last edited:
S
steelhead_stalkers
the salmon kid said:
i saw you at diamond lake i was the kid in full camo and was fishing with flys in the rubber raft and the one fishing on that 14 ft boat with the trolling motor, i saw you in the cleaning stations too, we got over 6 fish over 20 inches that week you mite of have saw me i was the only one standing up,fishing and controlling the boat at the same time:D
we were there all weekend and my and 2 friends limited out every day using power bait and flys by the pizza parlor;)

Were you using a float with the flys? Its prime time for flys up at Diamond Lake! Chartreuse is the way to go up there. :D