Just caught an early winter steelhead on the Clackamas River

Y
Youngfishermen
Hey guys this is my very first steelhead ever!!!! I was driving by clackamette park after work, and decided to give it a try. The weather was cloudy and cold, so I called my friend and we set off he was fishing for carp, and I tried steelhead, I used a jig with yarn and shrimp scent, and The third cast BOom Float went down and I fought this guy about 13 minutes because I had a light rod. I thought I was gonna get skunked but got lucky. So I let the steelie go. BTW my friend also hooked on a sturgeon and some whitefish but no carp. 1-10-12-JIGGY.jpg

Reactions: n8r1, JeannaJigs and fishinshawn
NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Nice 1

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent but that must have been the fastest fishing trip ever, I think you posted this at 11:57am: "Okay guys I will try somewhere around the coast, BTW I fished the clack and did not have even one bite" and 31minutes later posted your first steelhead caught on the Clack...pontoon time machine? LOL

E
eugene1
Hmmm seems fishy, the pic is titled 1-10-12-JIGGY, interesting.

Nice steel there. Did you get it out of a driftboat or a sled?

Best,

F
fishinshawn
Do sturgeon even go up the clackamas? Why is the picture titled 1-12-12 Jiggy? So you were just driving by with your boat in tow on your way home from work?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I was going to claim "first" but Eugene1 and I both posted at 12:40pm....:lol:

Tie?

E
eugene1
Sure,

I actually read the post and decided to move to some other posts. Then I came back tried running the pic through a reverse lookup. Don't find it.

Best,

rogerdodger said:
I was going to claim "first" but Eugene1 and I both posted at 12:40pm....:lol:

Tie?

1 nut in the water
I think I saw you catch that- I snapped this picture of the battle!
Well played fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
P
perfectg03
The dude is lying. He said he was driving by willamette park after work. Do you think he just drives around with a boat, especially what looks like a pretty nice sled (doubtful given the fact he's a noob). Also, his friend was fishing for carp and other crap fish.

That info along with the fact that the photo was saved as a picture taken in January 10th 2012 is a dead giveaway he is lying.

You don't need to lie to kick it bro. Good luck trying to find a steelhead this year. Fishing Clackamette park will not be the place you find the first one. HAHA

S
steelheader19
False alarm.... No bueno
Right now u have more chances to get a summer than wnter on the clack... But who know someone will get one

P
perfectg03
Most steelhead right now in the clack are rebright summers. Hens that are on the way back to towards the ocean. They get bright very quickly after spawning, pretty cool and they are pretty easy to confuse with a winter fish, especially when you are excited to get something chrome in out of the clack mid-November.

T
Throbbit _Shane
It's kind of funny a "top author" is making stories up. He must be really bored...

H
halibuthitman
He's a young hungry kid... I think its kinda funny, and I forgive him for it..

H
halibuthitman
Heres a couple summer natives I got out of the upper clack above the dam an hour ago...:D:yikes::sad:

S
steelhead_stalkers
I know John (Reeltech) personally and that is a picture of one of his steelhead from last year. This post is not from the Reeltech. :D

D
DYJ
My first salmon! I just got it on the McKenzie!!! :bleh:

Reactions: n8r1
N
n8r1
Yeah, check out this sturgeon I caught in Hagg Lake!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hey, we were driving by Siltcoos today and stopped to toss spinners, got these nice coho in about 10 minutes...rain really brought them in...

H
halibuthitman
n8r1 said:
Yeah, check out this sturgeon I caught in Hagg Lake!

I know that guy, and he isn't you... I heard he flossed that fish with a guitar string on an ugly stick-

jamisonace
jamisonace
Funny for sure. Good hoax.

halibuthitman said:
He's a young hungry kid... I think its kinda funny, and I forgive him for it..