Just can't get enough of the Deschutes.......

L
lilsalmon
A couple of weeks ago bigsteel and I spent three days on the Deschutes, two of them with Brian Silvey. Another successful and awesome trip. There is just something about that river that keeps us going back....

This could be why:
Sunrise on the Deschutes
5913133031_a6e84b48ac_m.jpg
Beautiful scenery and imported mountain sheep
5913123609_7aebf37359_m.jpg
5913131809_d739063992_m.jpg
5913135249_538cd18f2f_m.jpg
5913125939_8dd235c471_m.jpg
My fish. The first one was my all time best on the big D....it took me almost to my backing 3 times. I don't know who was more excited, me or Brian...
5913686060_d0a707eed5_m.jpg
5913691730_c57b0d7f33_m.jpg
5913697814_75545d0d13_m.jpg

Dave's fish:
Eww what is that....
5913130577_5edfc80f92_m.jpg
an ugly sucker fish, but big....
5913126937_af23e0d4b7_m.jpg
and this beauty
5913122013_3ebe75acfd_m.jpg
5913120741_054c68a60c_m.jpg
The whole time we were there our neighbors kept floating by....:lol:
5913124741_2606645919_m.jpg

I think bigsteel has some more....I can't remember how many fish we caught but it was in the neighborhood of 40ish.

Oh and we seen a lot of snakes. In fact as I went up a trail one came out of the brush, across the toe of my boot and into the bushes.....luckily it wasn't a rattler.....but we did see a few of those and a huge bull snake.......

Last edited:
Reactions: Spydeyrch
S
Spydeyrch
nice fish there lilsalmon!! That is beautiful terrain. Hopefully I can get out there some time soon before all the nice weather goes away.

Congrats again!

-Spydey

M
Moe
BEAUTIFUL FISH! Well, except for the sucker. Great job and those are some awesome scenery shots.

O
OnTheFly
Yer kill'n me Smalls.....

M
Mad dog
Excellent!!! :dance:

Nice pic's and story! :clap:

troutdude
troutdude
The Dynamic Duo strike again!

E
eggs
Bad asssssss... that trip looks like it was a good one!

G
GDBrown
What a great trip! I'm excited and I wasn't even there. My wife leaves me again on Tuesday for a couple weeks in AZ and I won't go even if my two granddaughters are there! I'm planning a trip east of the mountains and will spend at least one day on the Deschutes.

S
skunk
Very nice, I love that river also. never get over there enough.

J
JeannaJigs
Wow you told me about it, but the pictures areawesome! Sounds like a rad trip. Minus the snakes. And I heard Dave runs from snakes too....

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
And I heard Dave runs from snakes too....

shhhhhh thats a secret.......:D

S
Sinkline
Very cool you "guys"! Awesome report and excellent photos as well! Glad you had an outstanding day!

Congrats on the personal best trout Lilsalmon! There is nothing more exciting to me about fishing then hearing and seeing that spool spinning around at warp speed just as the backing starts to show!

Randy

B
bigsteel
JeannaJigs said:
Wow you told me about it, but the pictures areawesome! Sounds like a rad trip. Minus the snakes. And I heard Dave runs from snakes too....

im a fat man but put a snake in front of me and i become super track star

T
TTFishon
Sweet!!! Nice fish, pics, and story! Looks like a fun filled trip.

H
Hawk
bigsteel said:

hahahahaharharhar...:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Snakes are jus God's children too.

Mighty Happy y'all had an Awesome time.
thanky fer the beautiful pics, lil

:clap::clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:

troutdude
troutdude
But, if he didn't run like a track star from the wrong kind of snake. The next thing Dave would see would BE God!

G
GDBrown
bigsteel said:

I become a high hurdles expert! :lol:

V
Van
I really love that river too. It is a invaluable gift and treasure to have such a iconic and productive river in our state and close by.

B
benkearney
I hit the trifecta on that river last week. A rainbow, cuttie and brown in one night. Love that river.