Just bored tying

F
fish_4_all
Leggysteelhead1.jpg
Steelheadjigs2.jpg

Having some fun with rubber leg material. I know it works but wanted to throw in some to make some rather wide tails. They move really well in water with even the slightest twitch.

The bottom left one in the bottom picture is just a first try at making a yarn ball type rig with lots of action. Not sure how well it will work for steelhead but fall Coho and Chinook should like it. Thinking about tying something like them on jigs and bead pin jigs for steelhead and salmon. Will likely trim it down a lot for steelhead and make a more streamline pattern in black/purple/red with maybe a little pink/orange thrown in.

Likely something like these:
Leggybugstrimmed2.jpg

Any suggestions on improvements on any of them?

K
Keith
Jigs by Dr. Seuss.

Reactions: Sokkerboi
N
nwmike
the top one is pure candy.what size jigs?

F
fish_4_all
1/0 1/4 ounce

S
steelhead_stalkers
Holy rubber batman! :D

F
fish_4_all
Now we need to get you to make a line of UV rubber leg material!

N
ninja2010
yummy...

B
BlackBass
These are by far some of the coolest looking jigs I have ever seen. I can appreciate you thinking outside of the oh so boring box of steelhead jigs. How many different ways can you dress up a pig, boy you sure found one very cool way of doing so. Them jigs will flat catch fish I would be shocked If I could not get a summer or winter steelhead on them. Very cool , I would like to have some of those if the opportunity every may arise.