Just a Rumor

T
tnffishman
My uncle tells me he caught a Coho at Riverside Park on the Clack yesterday. He has been known to tell a fish tale or two in his day. What do you guys think? do you think that small rain yesterday could've pushed a few silvers up there?:think:

A
Anyfishisfine
I'm not sure the same principle would apply, but watching the shad counts, there were a few lone shad that ventured up weeks before the run started.

Could he have misidentified a summer steelhead?

K
Kodiak
yep

yep

I was considering hitting it earlier today, but had an appointment with an attorney,soo thats how that goes.

D
dude young
Well, I shot down to Clackamette and Cross Parks today. Saw one dood plunkin' on the South bank and one casting spoons under the bridge. No one seemed to be catching. Just practicing. I did not see anything in the water but ducks.

Kodi, I'd be willing to meet up if you are going to come up this way this week. Suddenly got some time on my hands. :(

K
Kodiak
dude young said:
Well, I shot down to Clackamette and Cross Parks today. Saw one dood plunkin' on the South bank and one casting spoons under the bridge. No one seemed to be catching. Just practicing. I did not see anything in the water but ducks.

Kodi, I'd be willing to meet up if you are going to come up this way this week. Suddenly got some time on my hands. :(

Bro, what happened?

D
dude young
I either hit the Mega-bucks or fell victim to the economy. I am guessing it is the later. Not fretting too much, though. I already have a couple of leads, and the timing isn't all that bad. Just gotta get them Ho's in the river now and shake the skunk.

I see silver linings in the future...

K
Kodiak
Right on. At least your positive about the whole thing...should come to the meeting on the 21st and take out some frustration.

F
FishSchooler
Kodiak said:
Right on. At least your positive about the whole thing...should come to the meeting on the 21st and take out some frustration.

Is that meeting for coho fishing or the gill net discussion thing?

F
Fishtopher
Id bet youd see fish staging at the mouth, way before anyone catches one. Seems they dont enter the system without a bit of rain. Maybe a few sneak on up, but I doubt that one of those few would get pulled.

Time to drive on down to Dahl an hour or two before sunset to shed some light on these rumors....

K
Kodiak
FishSchooler said:
Is that meeting for coho fishing or the gill net discussion thing?

The gill net thing....and afterward maybe the coho thing

Fishtopher>>>>Please do...I have a secret weapon for that hole.

X
xtremenorthwest
Kodiak said:
The gill net thing....and afterward maybe the coho thing

Fishtopher>>>>Please do...I have a secret weapon for that hole.

(WEAPON)Is it Fresh Cured Salmon Roe?

K
Kodiak
xtremenorthwest said:
(WEAPON)Is it Fresh Cured Salmon Roe?

No, but you've been the recipient of its training and the fruits there of.

T
Troutier Bassier
Let me Guess TCO Spinners?

Oh and Btw
Roostertails have UV Blades now.

K
Kodiak
Troutier Bassier said:

Oh and Btw

Nope not spinners.....oh btw..its still garbage.

F
Fishtopher
So are you going to make the drive up if they are? ;)

K
Kodiak
Fishtopher said:
So are you going to make the drive up if they are? ;)

I can be there in an 1 hr 12 mins....a little quicker if the cops aint lookin.:naughty::D

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:

Oh and Btw

You can make your own UV blades btw with UV dyes that are like 4 bucks bottle. Not very rare, but TCO's just have a kick to them. ;)

Kodiak-if it's on the 21st... Can't make it :( I though august was a little early for coho.

Last edited:
T
Troutier Bassier
Where do they Sell them?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Where do they Sell them?

Where do you find fishing gear?

T
Troutier Bassier
:rolleyes: