June OFF gathering: Wickiup/CranePrairie

B
BaldTexan
I may be AWOL :( My daughters are coming to visit that weekend and their idea of camping is renting a hotel room across the street from a Starbucks. I plan on doing some arm twisting and bribery. We'll see if I can drag them out there [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
BaldTexan
Edited - stupid Tapatalk duplicate. I'd delete it if I could figure out how.

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
BaldTexan said:
I may be AWOL :( My daughters are coming to visit that weekend and their idea of camping is renting a hotel room across the street from a Starbucks. I plan on doing some arm twisting and bribery. We'll see if I can drag them out there [emoji120]

Dont be the first Casualty!!!!

B
BaldTexan
troutmasta said:
Dont be the first Casualty!!!!

I'm working on it :thumb:

S
steelhead_slayer
Sounds like a good time and close by. Unfortunately I'll be working those days. Have fun and I'll make a gathering soon.

hobster
hobster
BaldTexan said:

:lol: Good luck man!

M
montym
Daughters daughters daughters... I blame my youngest one, expected late June, for missing first one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

E
espencer757
Although I consider roughing it as 1 air conditioning unit on the RV (and I don't own an RV), it sounds great. Sadly, I have other plans made for me at that time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Well if all goes right I may be joining up for Saturday n Sunday

jhop111
jhop111
Ill be up there from the 5th through the 10th. Staying at south twin

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
BaldTexan said:
Edited - stupid Tapatalk duplicate. I'd delete it if I could figure out how.
Next time, send me a pm and I will delete it for you. :thumb:

P
playhooky
BaldTexan said:

@BaldTexan You're gonna want to go. There are, as you already know, some bruisers waiting for you. I spent Tuesday-Friday at Crane last week. Lotsa wind as usual but game-on when the rod buckled. Inflated crawlers are my fav but a mix of p-bait got their attention also. Both the Cultus and Quinn channels were fair. Even enticed a few to the net OFF the DeChutes. Carolina rig was key with +- 24" (4#) leader. Take your warm bag if tent camping.....it can be brisk at 3-4 AM. Don't forget to release all Wild Rainbows this year. Good luck to all. Enjoy the Eagles!
072072b3f8bb1e32550ef72cffa9b1af.jpg

B
BaldTexan
Pretty fish. Thanks for the intel. Did you get into any big brookies and kokes?

I'll be camping and fishing for a couple of days next weekend with a buddy. My first trip there this year. I'll be bringing the bug slapping wand along and hopefully I can guilt my daughters into going for at least on day and evening for the OFF gathering.

P
playhooky
BaldTexan said:

I'll be camping and fishing for a couple of days next weekend with a buddy. My first trip there this year. I'll be bringing the bug slapping wand along and hopefully I can guilt my daughters into going for at least on day and evening for the OFF gathering.

Picked up two brookies OFF the DeChutes channel just around the corner from the ramp on the blue loop. Smaller but fat. Around 12". They love worms. I considered hanging some Chironomids just OFF the bottom but the wind helped me decide to leave the 5 Wt Sage I had on board in it's case. Hope you guys get into em. Here's another pic to help get your mind made up to go. 3c2151e6de97ad618ca88511dfaec18e.jpg

P
playhooky
BaldTexan said:

Sorry.....I forgot to mention....no kokes!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hobster said:
So are any of you peeps bringing their significant others? My wife might want to come along but not be the only one there. She is totally cool with not going also, just thought i'd ask. Still planning on going, it is my crazy busy season but I've wanted to fish out there for a while and this looks fun!

I'm planning to be there all 3 nights, just me and the i11s, took my last bottom fishing trip yesterday in it and I couldn't find/hook any Lings but came home with a pair of black deuces (2 pound black rocks)...re-rigging for trout and adding downrigger to the kayak for the lakes...can't wait to do some 2 rod trolling...cheers, roger

B
billfisher
Can't wait to get a look at your new ride all decked out. Sounds like fun, I hope the wind cooperates. I'll be there all three days trying for some of those huge kokanee.

Just got back from Odell for three days. Brought home 60 Nice fat Kokes. Beautiful lake, beautiful weather, beautiful fish. We are so lucky to live here!

hobster
hobster
Was invited to Craine by a buddy of mine so we hit the lake yesterday. This was my first time to Craine Prarie and we had a blast!
The wind was pretty bad, there were some big gusts, apparently a little worse than usual, kept the 5 weight in its case as well. From what we heard fishing was pretty slow, dude at the boat ramp said most people were not getting bites and one guy left camping a day early because he hadn't had a bite in days. A small storm was moving through so maybe the barometer was messing with the fishing, or maybe they hit the wrong spots :D We did ok, kept 6 (one brookie) and released 3 unclipped rainbows, one was a feisty sucker that almost took the rod out of the boat! What a blast, stoked for next weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
great looking fish,

sunrise is for fishing, windy afternoons are for IPA....

has anyone that's been up there recently checked the water temperature?

hobster
hobster
MMmmmmmmmmmmmmm IPA

Top Bottom