June 3rd/4th Official Unofficial Santiam Fish-In Attendance Poll

June 3rd/4th Official Unofficial Santiam Fish-In Attendance Poll

• Total voters
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
lilsalmon had a great idea, so I'm stealing it and running with it.

As seen in Fly Fishing Get Together Detail Thread

Please to be voting yes/no/maybe if you will or won't be (or don't know) attending this event. Just a reminder, it's going on on the North Santiam system (which would be the N. Fork and Little N. Fork) June 3rd and 4th (though I'm thinking it was supposed to be Sat/Sun the 4th and 5th?). Some of us might be/will be arriving a day or two early.

Shady Cove and Riverside offer camping right on the rivers, and I do believe that Opal Creek is close enough that, should the others be full up - you can still get on the water reasonably easy. Fisherman's Bend CG is also close by, and I do bleev is right on the river.

Myself and my nephew will be arriving in the afternoon on Friday and staying through Sunday the 5th. Might be dragging the wife minus newborn son, not sure on that one yet.

I'm seriously considering throwing the canoe on top of the jeep, as there is some nice still water to explore in this drainage, including Elkhorn Lake - which seems made for a canoe, toon, tube, or other small boat. It's loaded with scrappy little wild trout.

I'm planning on staying at Shady Cove - it's the CG I like the most in that area. Just keep an eye out for Sasquatch, and snakes that like hiding in the toilets (wife had the shipoop scared out of her on our honeymoon at that CG, by a big garter snake hiding down in the toilet itself. Perfect place to have the shipoop scared out of her though!) Sasquatch likes rattling tents at night there. :shock:

If fishing the LNF - bring a light rod if you've got it, and some high floating attractor patterns. It's hard to resist fishing dries on that stream, the trout are almost push overs for them.

We should probably organize some sort of rendevous spot/time for some sort of organized meeting of the fisher people? We could invade Mill City and take over a burger joint or something :lol:

Get to voting! :dance::cool:

brandon4455
brandon4455
maybe.. i am yet to find a ride,. im sure things will pan out just fine though.

B
bigsteel
I will be there friday setting up camp at shady cove,,,the cutthroat should be very active b this time so dry flies should be killer,,,,,,,,,,,,meeting spot could be THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE,,i love those milkshakes

S
Spydeyrch
I might be able to go. Got to see what the wife thinks of me being gone and her handling 3 kids, yikes. :D

-Spydey

L
lilsalmon
brandon4455 said:
maybe.. i am yet to find a ride,. im sure things will pan out just fine though.

We will make sure you get there

Gunga
Gunga
Im going for sure. :)

Y
Yohan
I'm gonna try to make it up there, the LNF that is, at least for Sat.

E
eggs
in

B
bigsteel
Yohan said:
I'm gonna try to make it up there, the LNF that is, at least for Sat.

we got some fishing to do sir

Y
Yohan
bigsteel said:
we got some fishing to do sir

For sure! I wish I could say I'm 100% in, but I can't right now. If you'll be fishing around the CG on Sat morn. I can swing in on the way to the "honey hole".

Oh ya and I've heard (from a reliable source) that there are some steelhead spawning in a trib that you can jump across. That person has lived in the area for the last 15 years and has never seen steelhead in that trib before. Obviously I would never let anyone fish for them, but it's always cool to see fish that size in water so small.

B
bigsteel
Yohan said:
For sure! I wish I could say I'm 100% in, but I can't right now. If you'll be fishing around the CG on Sat morn. I can swing in on the way to the "honey hole".

Oh ya and I've heard (from a reliable source) that there are some steelhead spawning in a trib that you can jump across. That person has lived in the area for the last 15 years and has never seen steelhead in that trib before. Obviously I would never let anyone fish for them, but it's always cool to see fish that size in water so small.

nice,,i might know what trib your talking about,last fall i saw 10 to 12 salmon in this small trib that i have never ever seen a salmon before,,,,,oh yea we will be fishing early saturday.swing on in

R
rippin fish lips
I might show up! It is my b-day weekend that weekend. If i am not runnin around here and all over the place ill maybe show! not 100% sure yet tho. never have fished it or been there before. However i do plan on fishing FRIDAY,SATURDAY,and SUNDAY.

E
Eastcoastborn
GungasUncle said:
lilsalmon had a great idea, so I'm stealing it and running with it.

As seen in Fly Fishing Get Together Detail Thread

We should probably organize some sort of rendevous spot/time for some sort of organized meeting of the fisher people? We could invade Mill City and take over a burger joint or something :lol:

Get to voting! :dance::cool:
I am going. I have 4 more seats if anyone in the portland/salem area needs a ride....(you gotta PM me) Could you make sure to post a sticky about the rendevous at the burger joint?

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
Does shady cove take reservations or is it first come first serve? my brother lives in Mill City....I can check with him and see which "joint" we could invade.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Here's a link to the Forest Circus page for Shady Cove (you can also find all the other national forest CG's on here)

USFS Campground Info

Shady Cove is $8 a night, No Reservations - First Come First Served - Pit toilet only, *NO* Water (unless you want to drink stream water)

Max trailer size is 16' according to the site, but I've seen bigger RV's in there.

L
lilsalmon
yay!!! Pit toilet....its better than nothing. This is going to be a great weekend

B
BigShayne
Ok I think that I will be there early Frid. and I might spend the night. I have a performance on the fourth in Corvallis so I would have to leave Sat. Morning.

L
lilsalmon
BigShayne said:
Ok I think that I will be there early Frid. and I might spend the night. I have a performance on the fourth in Corvallis so I would have to leave Sat. Morning.

ummmm is it safe to ask what kind of performance? Sounds interesting.

M
markasd
Found out last night I'll be in Ventura for a while as of next week.. Hook em up and post a lot of pics those that go.

B
BigShayne
lilsalmon said:
ummmm is it safe to ask what kind of performance? Sounds interesting.

Nothing too interesting. I am the music director for the Corvallis Community Choir and we are singing for a Habitat for Humanity charity thing on Saturday.

Top Bottom