Jordon Cove denied DEQ water quality permit.

rogerdodger

absolutely fantastic news.

In a letter Monday . . . the agency said “DEQ does not have a reasonable assurance that the construction and authorization of the project will comply with applicable Oregon water quality standards.”
Specific concerns included impacts on water quality from construction and operation of the Pacific Connector pipeline. The 36-inch diameter pipe would affect more than 352 bodies of water and traverse mountainous, landslide-prone areas in its 230-mile path from an interstate gas hub in Klamath County to the proposed export terminal in Coos Bay. It would also need a 95-foot right of way across Southern Oregon, a massive path that would require clearcutting timber and building roads -- creating the potential for significant erosion. DEQ also raised concerns about the release of release of drilling materials from the crossing of the Coos Bay estuary.

Oregon DEQ denies Jordan Cove LNG water quality permit

Duckcross

I personally have mixed views on this, yes it could be harmful to the environment, but it could be a huge economic boost in a much needed area such as Coos Bay. I travel to the Coos Bay Charleston area quite a bit and have noticed the entire area is taking a hit something needs to change there.

Agreed Duckcross
THIS:
I personally have mixed views on this, yes it could be harmful to the environment, but it could be a huge economic boost in a much needed area such as Coos Bay. I travel to the Coos Bay Charleston area quite a bit and have noticed the entire area is taking a hit something needs to change there.
Between the logging downturn and less and less salmon this area has been hit hard..

I would like to believe that this project could be done environmentally friendly.

BB