Joke to ease the tension on fishing methods

bass
bass
Here is an old joke that I hope will help ease some of the tension on the board lately about fishing methods.

There is this old guy who always fishes alone and always catches his limit. The local game warden decides that he should find out if the old man is catching the fish legally or not. So one day the game warden asks the old man if he can come along on his next trip, the old man says "Sure, meet at the dock at 6AM tomorrow". The warden is surprised that the old man is so willing and is now hoping that he will learn the secret to always catching fish. When the warden gets to the doc the next morning he appraises the old man's boat and tackle and the all look to be in order, but also there is nothing special about them. They pull away from the dock and start heading out across the lake to a spot that is known to usually hold a few fish. The old man puts out the anchor quietly, but once again nothing special. Then the old man reaches into his tackle box takes out a stick of dynamite, lights and tosses it out into the water. There is a huge explosion and fish start floating to the surface. The warden (after picking himself up off the bottom of the boat) stammers, "You, you, you can't do that" and begins to recite all the rules that the old man has broken. The old man takes out another stick of dynamite, lights it and hands it to the warden and says "Did you come out here to talk or did you come out here to fish" :)

I am not trying to re-open a can of worms. I just thought some levity was in order.

Peace.

F
FishSlayer420
Good one man:D:D

I
I Grade
Fishslayer.... 10' leaders anyone? You want to talk about a joke.... try fishing an honorable and LEGAL method.

B
Bfishin
I Grade said:
Fishslayer.... 10' leaders anyone? You want to talk about a joke.... try fishing an honorable and LEGAL method.
:naughty::naughty:Wow, Nobody was even talking about that old subject. Do you seriously want to start an arguement on another thread? Keep it to yourself:naughty:
BTW..I don't even see you talk about fishing on here...Seems like your hobby is chiming in with useless info on unimportant topics.

Last edited:
I
I Grade
Bfishn.... i will concede that my comment was ill provoked, but I wont take criticism from a fool..... so next time you have an ignorant observation about what I post here, keep it inside your simple mind. Thanks!

I Grade

B
Bfishin
I Grade said:
Bfishn.... i will concede that my comment was ill provoked, but I wont take criticism from a fool..... so next time you have an ignorant observation about what I post here, keep it inside your simple mind. Thanks!

I Grade
What ignorant thought of yours brings you to ASSUME that I'm a fool? There's evidence that YOU'RE the simple minded one by referring to me as such. I don't think I said anything foolish. I simply stated some facts.
Your Welcome!

F
Fishtopher
You guys gonna start throwin' rocks next?

Good joke bass. :clap:

18406ej
18406ej
Self-editing posts

Self-editing posts

The nice thing about OFF is the fact that users can at any time go back and edit or delete their posts if they think that the post was ill-advised. Angry, inflammatory or accusatory comments belong on other forums.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Bass thanks for the hummor. I've head a varation of that one. A good laugh sure makes for a better day.;)

F
FishSlayer420
How about Igrade takes a few seconds to think about what he is saying the only time i even ever see that guy posting its talking crap. He is ignorant for jumping into a post that had nothing to do with what the post was about:naughty:

F
FishSchooler
18406ej said:
The nice thing about OFF is the fact that users can at any time go back and edit or delete their posts if they think that the post was ill-advised. Angry, inflammatory or accusatory comments belong on other forums.

Even people from Ifish can be nice! :lol: One of em let me land a fish on their pole...

I
I Grade
I think I understand now. This entire forum is actually a place to exchange poaching tips and then make jokes about it. HAHAHAHA.... I guess the joke is REALLY on me. That is why 'I Grade' is leaving this forum to you poaching fans out there. I guess honor and law abiding is for we 'old schoolers' out there and you hip young kids are all too COOL to worry about proper management of a dwindling resource. So remember to keep the leaders long....10' seems to be the magic number, and dont forget your nail clippers to get that pesky fin clipped off those natives while you are at it.

A
Anyfishisfine
I Grade said:
That is why 'I Grade' is leaving this forum

Probably for the best since you really don't seem to have much of a clue what you are talking about in regard to the people here.

K
Kodiak
Funny Joke.....I've heard it befroe..never gets old.:lol::lol:

Why can't we all just play nice? The 10' thing is getting old and pick a new subject to get all hot and bothered about like ODFW regs or something? You guys could even tell me how silly and redicoulous my spinners are:lol: I just don't want to start the 10' thing again...please!

J
JeannaJigs
Play nice kids! Have a sense of humor for a change, it really won't kill you, I promise.

I heard that joke a longgg time ago, but it doesn't get old.

F
FishSchooler
I Grade said:
This entire forum is actually a place to exchange poaching tips and then make jokes about it.

Tips? We are trying to correct some other people's unethical methods...

F
FishSlayer420
He was referring to the Joke at the beginning of this forum as being a poaching method. He is just super uptight it sounds like. I wish i would have skipped school to go fishing never could get a cooler in my locker though.FISH ON!

A
ArcticAmoeba
Thats what you get when your school reaks of Asbestos, and hasn't had a remodel in 50 years...On top of the fact it was a hospital for 23 years before kids came a destroyed it... But my locker was an old storage unit labled "Liquid Chemicals." And these lockers were located in very strange locations. One of the 35 I used was in a basement...Like creepy, gross basement!