Johonson Creek

Z
zarboth
yes aperrently its winter run was 5 choho 4 chinook and 135 cuthrot verrrry small creek and dried upp in summer i was wondering anyone fishhed it i live by it like reallyt by it

B
beaverfan
Pretty sure it's closed to Salmon and Steelhead and quite possibly closed all together.

Z
zarboth
but dont the fish wonder in its conectted to the sandy if any fish come in isint their fault

B
beaverfan
Look in the regs for Johnson Creek in the Willamette section, if it does not say there that it is open for Salmon/Steelhead it is closed for them, no matter if they're hatchery strays or not.

F
Fishtopher
Where did you find fish numbers for Johnson Creek???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

M
metalmania
Any fish in that creek should be left alone, regardless if there strays or not.

Z
zarboth
Fishtopher said:
Where did you find fish numbers for Johnson Creek???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
i looked it up on google and found some restoration progect site

T
Troutier Bassier
metalmania said:

agreed.

T
TTFishon
zarboth said:

Maybe the key phrase is "restoration project site"

B
bigdog
Now there would be something to see :lol: 5 years from now we get a nathatch run of 1000s of nooks and what not on a creek that small :lol: That would be fun to see.

B
beaverfan
zarboth said:

Because the run last year was 5 Coho and 4 Chinook and after a quick check in the Reg book it is indeed closed to all Salmon/Steelhead angling year round.

Last edited:
F
FISHHEADMAFIA
metalmania said:

what he said

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
zarboth said:
yes aperrently its winter run was 5 choho 4 chinook and 135 cuthrot verrrry small creek and dried upp in summer i was wondering anyone fishhed it i live by it like reallyt by it

back in the 70s johnson creek got a good run of wild baracuda . japanesse gill netters wiped out the run in just over 3 weeks before ODFW and the marines could step in . anit seen the japs or the cuda since . there is a small platoon of navy seals stationed at the mouth to preserve the wild baracuda . but like ninjas , the japs , hell , you know . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . its a darn shame .

Last edited:
T
tnffishman
My uncle caught a huge cutthroat outta there years back, but I wouldn't fish in there unless you want to ruin all the efforts people have done to bring fish BACK into JC

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
tnffishman said:
My uncle caught a huge cutthroat outta there years back, but I wouldn't fish in there unless you want to ruin all the efforts people have done to bring fish BACK into JC

all kidding aside , dont even mess with the crawdads or salamanders . stream restoration is the only way to restore our runs . think about one thing . . . the perfect way to destroy ANY spicies of CREATURE is to destroy its habitat .
all of us could do one simple thing .
just refill your 7-11 plastic bag with all that others leave behind . we all see it ! please pick up others garbage and i GUARANTEE we will see a increase in fish count numbers . thank you for reading my rant .
FISHHEADMAFIA ! ! !

Z
zarboth
beaverfan said:
Because the run last year was 5 Coho and 4 Chinook and after a quick check in the Reg book it is indeed closed to all Salmon/Steelhead angling year round.
oh thank you for the info :)

K
Kais
What about bass, woudln't it be helpful to maby try and fish the bass and warmwater species that eat the baby salmon and cutties

W
waco
i dont think there is any bass on this creek but i could be wrong!!! (like always)

G
GDBrown
Try going up to Multnomah Falls when the fish are spawning there. It is such a short stream up to the falls and all these Salmon are at the base of the falls doing there thing. It really shocks the tourists who have no idea why they are there!

Just don't carry a rod up when you go!