bass2009

W
Webwader
I've had a yen for a long while to float the John Day for smallmouth so a buddy and I signed up for a trip with Mah-Hah Outfitters for April 30th. I'm looking forward to it and hope we can find some hawgs. My PB is pretty old. :pray:

W
Webwader
My son caught his first bass of the year today at Hagg Lake. It was 15 1/4" and beat my first 2009 bass by a little.

JustinBass.jpg

W
Webwader
Bassket Case, myself and another friend went hunting for bass out of Willamette Park today. We managed to C&R 13 smallmouth. I was lucky enough to catch the biggest at 18". I also C&R about a 25" Chinook salmon on a tube. Got a real nice battle out of both of them.
041509_Willamette_002.jpg

W
Webwader
My fishing buddy and I made the trip yesterday and we had a great time. Steve Fleming of Mah-Hah Outfitters is a top notch guide and a great guy. It was a big numbers day. I caught nine bass and my buddy caught six bass and a bright native steelhead. But size matters. My big one was 23 1/2" long, 15" girth and 6 lb 10 oz. Steve said it was the longest smallmouth he had ever boated and the second largest (the largest was 23", 17" girth). It's probably the biggest bass I will ever catch in my lifetime and was worth whatever the trip cost me. My buddy did real good too. He caught a 20 1/8" smallie with a 13 1/4" girth. Breakfast at Steve's and the Dutch oven lunch cooked on the boat were a real treat too.

2350Smallmouth043009.jpg