Jigs is back...with a PSA

J
JeannaJigs
I was reunited with my baby today (I.e. My most wonderful driftboat) for the first time since my wreck. Thankfully mike(123) rowed it for me (though it may not happen again lol) and we did the longgggg drift. There were a few lost, three banked, two went home. The nooks were a little dark but cut decent and are headed for the smoker. No signs of steelhead, anywhere.

Gotta say, I have never ever seen so many freakin people in rafts and other flotation devices not suitable for river use in my entire life as we saw on the lower portion of the drift. What a nightmare!!! The steelhead were probably scared to death wondering WTF was going on! So my recommendation is to not float a river when it's 10,000 degrees unless ya hook a swimmer or two.

This public service announcement brought to by the fresh cut salmon getting ready to go into my smoker.

Snap. Jigs is back.

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap:way to go jeanna.......................did you notice all the dead fish along the banks????

W
waco
welcome back to the water!!! The fish were waiting for ya!!!

J
JeannaJigs
There weren't as many as there was on the upper drift last week or whenever it was...but there were a couple.

O
OnTheFly
Nice to hear you're back on the water jeanna and thanks to mike. I really don't think the steelhead were afraid of the swimmers as they were of you!

M
metalfisher76
:clap:

troutdude
troutdude
Yep, those summers saw ya coming jigsy...and got the heck out of your way! LOL

Glad you had fun today.

J
JeannaJigs
Ha I doubt I instill the kind of fear that crazy flotilla did.

It was just insane. Waiting at the take out tested my patience lol. Apparently a boat ramp is a great place to let your kids learn to swim. Some wierd people out and about forrr sure. That's all I'm gonna say about that :)

was great to be on the water again, and I had zero expectations so the day ended well.

L
lilsalmon
:yay::yay: glad you got to bring some home....great job and its great to see you got out on the water.....can I come over and eat some more blueberries?.....:D

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
:yay::yay: glad you got to bring some home....great job and its great to see you got out on the water.....can I come over and eat some more blueberries?.....:D

Was sooo nice to get out there again. And please pick as many of them as you want cause im tired of them!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Jeanna you should pick the rest, go to the brewery and get a sterilized vat with a C02 valve!!!! THAT would be dancing bananas for sure!!

T
Thuggin4Life
Glad you got to get out on your boat. I bet your day was better than mine. Let me know if you need some help eating all that smoked salmon or wait mike must have got them bevasue ther are no pics, lol.

G
Growbug
Congrats on a successful trip

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
Glad you got to get out on your boat. I bet your day was better than mine. Let me know if you need some help eating all that smoked salmon or wait mike must have got them bevasue ther are no pics, lol.

No pics cause she was pretty damn ugly by my standards, and no camera. I got one on my phone but it came out like crap. She was bronzed up, not terribly dark.. Just, meh not a real pretty fish lol.

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
Jeanna you should pick the rest, go to the brewery and get a sterilized vat with a C02 valve!!!! THAT would be dancing bananas for sure!!

I'll get right on that lol. So sick of the things. When I say there are a hundred pints picked and in the freezer, I exagerate not. Soon as I pick them, couple days later there's a milllion more ripe. It's a vicious cycle. I understand why people have "you pick" berry farms! Picking them sucks!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
No pics cause she was pretty damn ugly by my standards, and no camera. I got one on my phone but it came out like crap. She was bronzed up, not terribly dark.. Just, meh not a real pretty fish lol.

Wow. What an ingrate.

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
Wow. What an ingrate.

Lol hey, super grateful, just wasn't a chromer..any darker and she woulda cut nasty I think so I woulda tossed her back, but man it's been forever since I landed a nook,so no complaints.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I know I know. You certainly deserved it!!!! I could say you even deserved a chromer but that might be pushing it.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Ok I take that back. You deserved a chromer.

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
I know I know. You certainly deserved it!!!! I could say you even deserved a chromer but that might be pushing it.

Ha! Of course I deserved a chromer! Lol, but it's pretty late for bright nooks. They're in there cause at least one mike had on was bright but there aren't too many left.

I'm gettin antsy for fall fish now....it's begun.