Jig swap!

J

JeannaJigs

So it's been about a year and a half since we had a jig swap on here, and I decided we have way more people on here tying their own, so it's time to do another one.
The theme? Your favorite steelhead jig, summer or winter.

The Jig swap rules: (stolen from previous swaps, keeping it classic)

There are x number of participants; each participant will create x number of identical (winter or summer) Steelhead jigs, one set of jigs for each participant. (this number will be determined when I know how many people are committed)

I need anyone that is interested, to commit to this by the first of January so we can determine how many jigs each participant will need to tie.

The deadline for jigs to be completed will 4 weeks from the official start date (01/01/11). ALL jigs must be received by me by the end of the deadline 01/28/11.

Once you have become a participant, you are committed to finish the jig swap, so please, make sure you have the time, funds, and materials to tie your jigs.

I will PM all participants my mailing address.

Alll participants must include a self addressed, pre-paid postage bubble mailer envelope with their jigs to receive their set of jigs back. Make sure you provide adequate postage cover the cost of your return package.

As an option you can go to USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service) and create Priority Mail shipping labels and send it with your jigs, I’ll supply packaging if you choose this shipping method.

Make sure your return package has the correct mailing address and is legible; I will not be responsible for lost packages.

Each jig must be labeled with the participant's O.F.F. name either on a tag on the shank of the hook or written on the bag if bagged.

Once all jigs are received, they get mailed out to the participants.

It's a great oppurtunity to see other's creative works, and gives you the oppurtunity to fish something different.

I for one am in, so who else is in?

J

JeannaJigs

BTW since you replied, I think you oughtta tie up some jigs. I KNOW you know how.

J

JeannaJigs

Sweet!

I know there's more of you out there that tie...come on, you know you want to :)

J

JeannaJigs

Awesome!
So that's three.
Myself
Jig'n
Fishfiddle

Four if mr zen is in ;)

I know there's more of you that tie your own...

T

Thuggin4Life

I might be a late entry, of course mine will have to be some generic store bought jigs. would that disqualify me?

J

JeannaJigs

Lol doesn't count, of course I know someone that has materialsand a vice and the know how...she might be able to help you out

A

Anyfishisfine

I'm in for sure. About how many are we looking at so I can get started :)

M

mlw

I'll bite, I usually do fly swaps, but I think I have some jig materials around.
Michael

J

JeannaJigs

Right on. If you need materials, particularly painted jig heads, beeleejigs.com good selection of hook options, good prices. Also has everything else needed.

I'm gonna say I'll let people decide if they want in or not by the end of the week, so we can get started and know how many to tie. Probably won't be more than 10. Ideally 6 is a nice number, but we shall see

And I'll send everyone that's participating a pm with my address to mail the jigs to.

F

FishFinger

Are we up to 9?

What's the call? Winter or summer patterns, or is it tiers preference?

I'm excited about doing some wraps, I haven't got my bug on in over a year.......... Damn spinners

A

Anyfishisfine

Are we up to 9?

What's the call? Winter or summer patterns, or is it tiers preference?

I'm excited about doing some wraps, I haven't got my bug on in over a year.......... Damn spinners

I'll be tying my "Spring Steelhead" jig. It has worked for me with late winters. I think its tier's choice.

J

JeannaJigs

So it looks like my count is 8? I think.

Myself
Jig'n
FishFiddle
Thuggin (? maybe?)
AnyFishIsFine
MLW
FishFinger
GraphiteZen

The call is the tier's preference. Tie up your favourite pattern, summer, winter, whatever's clever. I'll be tying somethin' soon here and will post pictures of whatever pattern I go with. Gonna leave this open for a few more days to see if anyone else wants in, but by the end of the week it'll be closed. I'll send ya'll my address via PM in a bit.

Top Bottom