Jetty report

M
Mike123
Stayed in Newport last few days. Decided to do a little shrimp pumping and fishing off the jetty. Got a 5lb black bass, 3 BIG greenlings, 1 cabezon, and a whole ton of smaller greenling! Very fun trip indeed. Used a #4 hook, 2-3ft leader, 1.5-2ft dropper and 3-4oz of lead with sandshrimp. Also caught a huge crab, but it was a female so had to release it. Headed back over next week with my boat and the motorhome. Gonna tempt fate in my little duck huntin' boat and try to throw out some crap pots in the bay. :)

Last edited:
C
cwsmith
nice job! very helpful informative report. might have to venture over there next week :)

M
Mike123
No problem.. glad I could give someone an idea of whats happenin. Just fried the fish up last night... TASTY TASTY!

B
BlackBass
Fished the incoming this morning the bass bite was onfire. I dont tend to spend a lot of time fishing shrimp but those Greenling you caught are some of the finest eating fish you can catch from the rocks. My favorite bottom fish is Lingcod Greenling cabezon blacks perch. In that order I fished the end of the jetty in near glass like conditions. Where were you fishing Mike?
I got some realy nice places to fish that nobody fishes because of the hike into the place to fish. Send me a message next time you head down this way. Fishing will be good until the Ocean gets nasty. Prob somewhere between October -November

A
Airs98
Thanks for the report Mike!

T
Thuggin4Life
Way to go you guys! sounds like a blast i suck at jetty fishing.

C
cwsmith
BlackBass, you wouldn't happen to be one of the four guys that they guy at Harry's Bait Shop says catches the big lingcod all the time are you? I was out there this morning but I think my timing was off.. I was there from about 11 to 3 out on the very end of south jetty.

I did no good there today. At the pier I got to tangle with a sealion who got into my casting crab trap (destroyed it) and caught one bass. Slow day. Saw a guy at the marina with a 40 pound nook though!

M
Mike123
BlackBass said:
Fished the incoming this morning the bass bite was onfire. I dont tend to spend a lot of time fishing shrimp but those Greenling you caught are some of the finest eating fish you can catch from the rocks. My favorite bottom fish is Lingcod Greenling cabezon blacks perch. In that order I fished the end of the jetty in near glass like conditions. Where were you fishing Mike?
I got some realy nice places to fish that nobody fishes because of the hike into the place to fish. Send me a message next time you head down this way. Fishing will be good until the Ocean gets nasty. Prob somewhere between October -November

I'm headed that way Wednesday.. will be there until Friday. ;)
PM sent.