Jefferson Park

B
Ballgame
My wife and I are going to backpack into Jefferson Park next week with some friends, they picked the spot. I would like to bring my fly pole with me. I see there are a few lakes (bays, scout, park, russell) up that way. From the reading I've done it looks like they were once stocked but maybe not any longer. Are there still fish in any lakes in Jefferson Park? Is it worth packing in my fishing gear? thanks for your help

OliverW
OliverW
Where is Jefferson park up by

B
Ballgame
OliverW said:
Where is Jefferson park up by
Up by Mt Jefferson, about a 6 mile hike in. trail is roughly 10 miles east of Idanha

Reactions: OliverW
troutdude
troutdude
Get yourself a copy of this book. You will learn all that you need to know; in a matter of minutes.

• 1594682372049.png
Reactions: Ballgame
B
Ballgame
great, thanks for the heads up on the book. Just ordered it

Reactions: troutdude
B
Ballgame
Alright hiked into Jefferson Park this past Tuesday via the whitewater trail, about 6.5 miles into the park pretty much uphill the whole way. Stayed Tuesday night and hiked out Wednesday. Lots of small brook trout, not the best fishing but perhaps the most incredible place I have ever seen. If you haven't been and like to backpack I highly recommend it...except maybe wait until end of August, the mosquitoes were awful with the snow melt.

Resized_20200721_210945.jpeg

Reactions: jamisonace, SciFly, Grant22 and 3 others
troutdude
troutdude
That is one of the all time NICEST pics ever on our forum!

Reactions: Ballgame and Ultramepps
B
Ballgame
troutdude said:
That is one of the all time NICEST pics ever on our forum!
Yeah my wife did a great job taking it. I'm getting it framed for my office

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
Admin
Admin
It's a really beautiful place. Do you have more images to share?

troutdude
troutdude
Ballgame said:
Yeah my wife did a great job taking it. I'm getting it framed for my office

You should send that pic to the author of Fishing in Oregon. For consideration for the cover, of her next edition.

Grant22
Grant22
That’s a gorgeous picture

Aervax
Aervax
Nope. Their needs to be a bend in that rod and a fish flying through the air. Otherwise, its a great pic of some guy just holding a stick. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: Grant22 and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
Aervax said:
Nope. Their needs to be a bend in that rod and a fish flying through the air. Otherwise, its a great pic of some guy just holding a stick. 😜
LOL Point noted

Admin
Admin
Aervax said:
too bad he did'n snag on the bottom )

here's me playing a huge steelhead. and who will notice, that the picture's name is 'snagged'? )))

Reactions: Aervax