Jeanna got a drift boat!

J

JeannaJigs

New love of my life...I can't stop staring....even though it's just sittin' in the driveway under a tarp at the moment, and I can't even really see it..the sillhouette is all I need lol. Ya I'm a nerd....

I got a good deal on it, even though it's not what I (thought I) wanted...I thought I wanted an aluminum boat, but this one is fiberglass, and I gotta say....it's way more than I ever expected. Sure it's not a fancy aluminum boat...but it's gonna get this bank maggot off the bank, and that's more than I could ask for.

Pictures will come when I have time during daylight to do so, I go to work in the dark, and get home in the dark, so...this weekend, I'll share :)

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

S

solution7

From banker to a new non banker ... congrats on getting off the bank and joining the boater world..

:D

H

halibuthitman

if its gonna happen... it gonna happen out there! " capt. Ron ":dance:

B

beaverfan

Congratulations!!! You can bet I'll be hittin' you up for an open seat! May your boat get bloody quick!

T

Thuggin4Life

Hey did you get it off craigslist? Maybe the white fiberglass with blue trim?

D

diggindan

Good way to start the hunt for the "perfect boat".
Best of luck, Dan

B

bd2cool

I love getting a boat! New or used they still a joy!

Don't forget to stock up on hand warmer!

R

rainman

Good for you. Now you can really get into fishy water !! Congrats.
I might suggest some restraint in choosing places to fish, until you get better at handling in rough water. It's real easy to get into trouble with a drift boat. I used to fish with a guy that's fished drifters for years, was an absolute master with the oars,and several times even he almost lost it. High centering on a rock and getting broadside to the current is NOT fun!!
The N. Santiam has some pretty tame, but fairly fast water that might help with the learning process.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
I think you'll be very happy with your drift boat. Don't worry about the glass vs aluminum thing. They both float and I'm sure your's will be full of fish!;)

J

joesnuffy

Don't bite off more then you can chew when you get to the water. I'd suggest finding another drifter in the area to take you out on your new boat and help you learn how.

H

Hawk

ConGratiations Sister Jeanna. That is soo Cool...:cool:

I know you are going to slay many biggun fish, & make Wonderful Memories.

:D:D:D

Be Safe out thar...

J

JeannaJigs

Congratulations!!! You can bet I'll be hittin' you up for an open seat! May your boat get bloody quick!

Lol you might want to wait until I know what the heck I'm doing, I mean, unless ya want to drown, which I don't think you do...gonna get some lessons, and then i will for sure be having some open seats for winter steel :) Can't wait to get it bloody! LOL

J

JeannaJigs

Don't bite off more then you can chew when you get to the water. I'd suggest finding another drifter in the area to take you out on your new boat and help you learn how.

I am doing just that, I know what kinda power the river has, and I know that going out not really knowing what I'm doing is a death sentence, so I'm going to get some lessons from someone with experience, I take that very seriously.

J

JeannaJigs

Good for you. Now you can really get into fishy water !! Congrats.
I might suggest some restraint in choosing places to fish, until you get better at handling in rough water. It's real easy to get into trouble with a drift boat. I used to fish with a guy that's fished drifters for years, was an absolute master with the oars,and several times even he almost lost it. High centering on a rock and getting broadside to the current is NOT fun!!
The N. Santiam has some pretty tame, but fairly fast water that might help with the learning process.

Yeah i'm thinkin' i will be fishing the siuslaw the most, so getting familiar with that when the water level is up enough is my priority, but there's some spots in town on the willamette that are tame, but have some quick water that i think will be the learning grounds. definitely not just jumping in and taking 'er down the McKenzie lol...that river scares me lol. BUT someday...

J

JeannaJigs

Hey did you get it off craigslist? Maybe the white fiberglass with blue trim?

Might've lol. It doesn't have blue trim anymore though, he replaced it with white oak, it looks pretty nice. Gonna re-treat the wood trim, and this summer put a new layer of gel-coat on her and she will sparkle and look like new :) It was a real good deal, the trailer itself is essentially brand new and super nice, the guy had unfortunate circumstances and needed the money bad, so he let it go for way less than it was worth. I felt kinda bad, because he was talking about how it was his dad's boat that he inherited when he died, and asked me to take real good care of it because he had so many good memories, and really didn't want to let it go....pretty sure his eyes were starting to tear up when we were hitching it up...tough situation. But I will be getting lots of use out of it and fixin' 'er up.

T

Thuggin4Life

Might've lol. It doesn't have blue trim anymore though, he replaced it with white oak, it looks pretty nice. Gonna re-treat the wood trim, and this summer put a new layer of gel-coat on her and she will sparkle and look like new :) It was a real good deal, the trailer itself is essentially brand new and super nice, the guy had unfortunate circumstances and needed the money bad, so he let it go for way less than it was worth. I felt kinda bad, because he was talking about how it was his dad's boat that he inherited when he died, and asked me to take real good care of it because he had so many good memories, and really didn't want to let it go....pretty sure his eyes were starting to tear up when we were hitching it up...tough situation. But I will be getting lots of use out of it and fixin' 'er up.

You will ahve to take him out once you get it all set up and cleaned up.

Top Bottom