Jealousy

J
JTLunker
I am jealous that there seem to be so many more Bass opportunities in the lower Willamette Valley than there are around Portland. Delta ponds sounds awesome along with what seems to be a good number of other Bass producing waters in the Southern Will area. Green!

F
Finneus Polebender
Jealous

Jealous

We are quite spoiled down here but it is also up to us to keep it that way .Was up north there workin and your right other than the rivers there appear to be few other options that arent private.Does seem like your prospects brighten towards salem area just gotta locate and try em put the time in . With the Rivers up there youd think there would be more ponds and borrow pits just not so I guess least I couldnt find many

T
TTFishon
JTLunker said:
I am jealous that there seem to be so many more Bass opportunities in the lower Willamette Valley than there are around Portland. Delta ponds sounds awesome along with what seems to be a good number of other Bass producing waters in the Southern Will area. Green!

Do you happen to live near the Portland Airport. I tagged along with my wife on a business trip once near the airport and I remember seeing a couple of nice looking bass waters. I just googled the area and they are as plain as day.

J
JTLunker
There are some. But they aren't maintained and are tough to find decent access. There are a couple spots Blue Lake, Salish pond, Wilsonville, St Louis. Not enough though!

F
Finneus Polebender
north water

north water

there appears to be a large body of water before you cross into the vancouver area just west of I -5 can't tell if it is accessable or not. Actually a coulple few peices o water

Last edited:
O
OneMore
Dont forget about the good old CR. Lots of smallies in there!

T
Thuggin4Life
OneMore said:
Dont forget about the good old CR. Lots of smallies in there!

Thats a shame.

T
Troutier Bassier
Well that place he pointed out is bybee, smith, and sturgeon lakes. thre is also another filled with trout. then there is the mulltnomah channel up there. Caught my first fish there, a perch. then there probally is a TON of largemouth there. Just look at the cover!!! I have never fished largemouth there but i will when im like 17. hahahhaa

C
cavdad45
I do most of my bassing on the Washington side of the river. The opportunities at Lacamas and Silver are as good or better than those on the Oregon side. Besides the mileage is about the same for a quality bass fishery.

P.S. The Washington license has a parking permit included so it actually becomes cheaper than the $3-5 per day charges at most Oregon lakes.

F
Finneus Polebender
Troutier Bassier said:
Well that place he pointed out is bybee, smith, and sturgeon lakes. thre is also another filled with trout. then there is the mulltnomah channel up there. Caught my first fish there, a perch. then there probally is a TON of largemouth there. Just look at the cover!!! I have never fished largemouth there but i will when im like 17. hahahhaa

Of all the places I could spy near downtown p-tpown thiat place screamed bass the loudest to this ol bass hound It would be high on my to do list if I lived up there . I have family up there so I visit them thats about it dont ever fish up that way.

O
OBP Turtle 33
Go hit th Columbia that has Giant Smallmouth in it State Records swim in there for sure.

F
Finneus Polebender
so much water

so much water

Fished this new spot tonight with Riverfisher he nailed two this one is quickly proving to be some very nice bass water late bloomer think they are still spawnin there. have at least 20 more new bodies of water to check have found 4 new ponds out of 8 searched . The 4 have all produced fish 1 place gave up a 5lb er We are perhaps even more spoiled than we recognize. At the rate Ive been going I doubt I will even get to them all by the end of the season.

B
bassman503
finneus polebender said:
fished this new spot tonight with riverfisher he nailed two this one is quickly proving to be some very nice bass water late bloomer think they are still spawnin there. Have at least 20 more new bodies of water to check have found 4 new ponds out of 8 searched . The 4 have all produced fish 1 place gave up a 5lb er we are perhaps even more spoiled than we recognize. At the rate ive been going i doubt i will even get to them all by the end of the season.

u guys are so effing lucky! I live no where near good bass water besides the mighty rivers!!!

F
Finneus Polebender
bassman503 said:
u guys are so effing lucky! I live no where near good bass water besides the mighty rivers!!!

The mighty rivers up there hold some big bass the hard part for a guy is where to start so much water and you can't just pop in and out just any where with a pontoon almost have to have boat w/motor I think to access the good areas. Kinda the same for me with the resivoirs down here most have huge bass but the access points are often far from the fishin holes no fun ridin wakes of the ski boats tryin to paddle half a mile to the grass beds only to have the wind kick up out of the direction you just came from throwin up 2 ft chop for ya to try and anchor in while you contemplate the long paddle back against the wind . I will stick to my Un crowded little ponds that are quietly covered with ease by human propulsion where wind is usually the only problem and most of the few other fishermen we run into are waiving to us from the one or two bank access areas while we drill fish.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Fished this new spot tonight with Riverfisher he nailed two this one is quickly proving to be some very nice bass water late bloomer think they are still spawnin there. have at least 20 more new bodies of water to check have found 4 new ponds out of 8 searched . The 4 have all produced fish 1 place gave up a 5lb er We are perhaps even more spoiled than we recognize. At the rate Ive been going I doubt I will even get to them all by the end of the season.

Nice! I'm looking forward to getting in there again.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Nice! I'm looking forward to getting in there again.

Ah yes Me thinks its warmin up rapidly there one afternoon this week perhaps?

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Ah yes Me thinks its warmin up rapidly there one afternoon this week perhaps?

Did you guys see any fish activity?

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Did you guys see any fish activity?

Not nearly the top activity we saw had the old beaver get us once false alarm . The bite however was about double we spent about the same time out there ,I couldnt hook a darn thing missed 4 good bites riverfisher had 6 bites hooked 3 landed 2 so it was good.

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Not nearly the top activity we saw had the old beaver get us once false alarm . The bite however was about double we spent about the same time out there ,I couldnt hook a darn thing missed 4 good bites riverfisher had 6 bites hooked 3 landed 2 so it was good.

Double the bite sounds good to me. I know there's a lunker in there just waiting to be had.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Double the bite sounds good to me. I know there's a lunker in there just waiting to be had.

OH Id say there is at least 2 of us that can attest to that have never been any where and had the first fish i catch be the largest falls best anyhow you know the drill