Jealous much??

H
HereFishy
So, today was my second time ever targeting sturgeon. My buddy and I headed up to Sauvie Island around mid day.. We were there for about 30 minutes when I hooked in to this monster.. I'll have to do a little more research, but I'm pretty sure it's a state record..

• image.jpg
N
nativefish
That is honestly the second biggest fish I have ever seen.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sure hope you tossed him back so he can become that "monster".

bass
bass
That must be photo shopped :)

Good job on breaking the ice. At least you have confirmation that you are generally doing things right.

T
troutmasta
Be carefull those things those things have teeth:D

I use a steel glove.....

Last edited:
H
HereFishy
Raincatcher said:
Sure hope you tossed him back so he can become that "monster".

Of course. I always adhere to to the 'rules and regs' for every species of fish in every body of water that I happen to be fishing. I have an ODFW web page bookmarked on my phone. And for those occasions when I don't have service, every one of my tackle bags has one of those news print style synopsis' in the bottom of it.. I usually catch and release anyway. I can count on one hand, the fishing trips where I've taken a fish home with me.. That little guy was out of the water for maybe 30 seconds.. I wore nitrile gloves while taking the barbless hook out with my hemostats. He wasn't uncomfortable for long. And was never in any real danger (unless the hook was swallowed)... It's easy to ruin fishing for generations to come. It's quite another thing to "pay it forward" and actually be a respectful outdoorsman. Simple as that..

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
HereFishy said:
Of course. I always adhere to to the 'rules and regs' for every species of fish in every body of water that I happen to be fishing. I have an ODFW web page bookmarked on my phone. And for those occasions when I don't have service, every one of my tackle bags has one of those news print style synopsis' in the bottom of it.. I usually catch and release anyway. I can count on one hand, the fishing trips where I've taken a fish home with me.. That little guy was out of the water for maybe 30 seconds.. I wore nitrile gloves while taking the barbless hook out with my hemostats. He wasn't uncomfortable for long. And was never in any real danger (unless the hook was swallowed)... It's easy to ruin fishing for generations to come. It's quite another thing to "pay it forward" and actually be a respectful outdoorsman. Simple as that..
My post really was a silly thing to say, huh...:redface: sorry...:shy:

H
HereFishy
Raincatcher said:
My post really was a silly thing to say, huh...:redface: sorry...:shy:

No worries. There's nothing wrong with asking a simple question to make sure someone is on the up and up...