JC Pond produeces huge Crappie!

G
grampa ron
This is the biggest Crappie I've ever seen! I caught it on my fly rod. I did release it so maybe others can catch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
T
TTFishon
Wow!!! What a monster!!! I bet there are some big ones in there since nobody really targets them. Either that or it's full of a bunch of tiny ones and needs to be thinned out a bit.

T
Thuggin4Life
Talk about a dinner plate. didn't know they got that big. Might be a new state record?

N
nwkiller
wow what a pig, especially sittin next to that 22" wheel on grampa rons pickup truck....

T
troutmasta
nwkiller said:
wow what a pig, especially sittin next to that 22" wheel on grampa rons pickup truck....
I love fishin for crappie. One more species of fish to be caught in oregon!

Last edited by a moderator:
F
Finneus Polebender
Should have had it mounted

T
the_intimidator03
There is always the replica mount but i dont think ron had a micrometer on hand

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:shock: :clap: How's the arm? :clap: :lol: :lol:

G
grampa ron
Unfortunately there is a guy (we call him NOBITE) and his wife that basically keep the pond cleaned out of crappie and bluegill. They keep every one they catch. They make fish sauce out of them.

Last edited:
H
Hooked on fishin'
I think thats the same one I caught a few weeks ago!LOL

T
TTFishon
grampa ron said:
Unfortunately there is a guy (we call him NOBITE) and his wife that basically keep the pond cleaned out of crappie and bluegill. They keep every one they catch. They make fish sauce out of them.

Fish sauce doesn't sound very good to me. I wonder what other ponds they fish and destroy?

N
nwkiller
hooked on fishin, theres no way u caught that one, a beast like that only gets caught once in a blue moon...lol jk

H
Hawk
grampa ron said:
This is the biggest Crappie I've ever seen! I caught it on my fly rod. I did release it so maybe others can catch it.

That's the Biggest Fly Reel i've ever seeen. Must belong to Paul Bunyan...

har.har.har
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool::cool:

:clap::clap::clap:

H
Hooked on fishin'
nwkiller said:
hooked on fishin, theres no way u caught that one, a beast like that only gets caught once in a blue moon...lol jk

There WAS a blue moon, how did you guess that?lol Seriously though, it was my greatest accomplishment that day. I kept getting these tiny, subtle hits, barely causing my indicator to move. I was trying to figure out if the trout were getting really tricky, I was going crazy, or tiny little bluegill were hitting my fly. I finally set the hook on one and guess what? Monster crappie!

troutdude
troutdude
Holy cow. I'll bet it wasn't easy to find a fry pan big enough for that fillet!

N
nwkiller
Hooked on fishin' said:
There WAS a blue moon, how did you guess that?lol Seriously though, it was my greatest accomplishment that day. I kept getting these tiny, subtle hits, barely causing my indicator to move. I was trying to figure out if the trout were getting really tricky, I was going crazy, or tiny little bluegill were hitting my fly. I finally set the hook on one and guess what? Monster crappie!

i hate that, and they hit hard sometimes and change it up, panfish are defenetly funny nibblers, ive done the same thing......hit.....oh set it oh what the heck..oh there he is oh nope damn......what was that, oh hit....ah missed him....

B
BlackBass
grampa ron said:

Ol No bite and his wife have been at that for over 20 years now :) I remember fishing with them at JC 20 years ago. Ask him if he has caught anything and his answer is no bites .

F
Finneus Polebender
BlackBass said:
Ol No bite and his wife have been at that for over 20 years now :) I remember fishing with them at JC 20 years ago. Ask him if he has caught anything and his answer is no bites .

Sounds like a lot o nasty fish sauce to me!