J C Pond

Q
qwapaw
Hey guys, I need to take someone fishing this weekend that just wants to catch fish. C&R. Has the Junction City pond been putting any fish out this week? If not where would you go. Thanks, Qwapaw

F
FishSlayer420
Yeah they are catching em out there but not a ton of fish but a few. My buddy went out last weekend and caught his limit plus let a bunch go. If you do not want to do there you can try the boat landings on river road Marshall Island is a really good one to catch nice trout down at the very end of the island.

Q
qwapaw
Thanks, Lived here all my life and didn't know that. Great place for info, that's for sure. Dan

S
steelheadstalker31
I was just over at the jc pond with my daughter, they said they were biting good early, I managed a few, but it was slow.

F
FishSlayer420
steelheadstalker31 said:
I was just over at the jc pond with my daughter, they said they were biting good early, I managed a few, but it was slow.

Yeah a lot slower than usual. usually when i go out there to mess around we catch between 10 and 15 everytime. I always C&R out there but sometimes i will keep em for the neighbor he loves them pellet heads.:D

B
bobbn
Hi Qwapaw:

For good fishing you should go to Leaburg Lake. Come next door and I'll draw you a map and give you the inside scoop on a sure fire bait.
Bobbn

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Passing notes?

Passing notes?

bobbn said:
Hi Qwapaw:

For good fishing you should go to Leaburg Lake. Come next door and I'll draw you a map and give you the inside scoop on a sure fire bait.
Bobbn

Oh,boy! Are you in for some brain picking now! :D C'mon,you know the rules. No passing notes unless you want to share with everyone. :naughty: :lol: What would your granddaughter say? Share? ;) :lol:
Be safe.
Barb

B
bobbn
Ok Barb, here goes. Before the Leaburg dam was constructed, the river ran along the west bank cutting a deep channel. The channel is about 20' deep and 30' wide. The best bank fishing is from the bend on the west bank south to the cable about 300' above the dam. This is also the best boat fishing area. Just be sure to be far enough away from the bank so the bankers can cast unobtrusively. Bait? Most everything catches fish there. Rainbow Plastics makes a great lure, #414 trout, sold at Wal Mart for less than $2.00. Eggs work well, both Pautzke and power eggs. Worms, both natural and Gulp work well also. Dough baits work equally well, especially those with imbeded glitter. You'll need a small treble hook (size 10-14)to use it. My go to bait is the Berkley Mouse. Use a number 6 worm hook with a nightcrawler, leave a little bit of crawler hanging from the tip of the hook, then put a bright power bait (orange, yellow, pink etc.), with giltter, around the eye of the hook, completely covering it. Now, how to rig. I use a three foot leader, attached to a barrel swivel attached to the main line. I place a worm weight sometimes called a slip weight, on the main line above the barrel swivel. With the lake running 3 feet + it becomes very swift so make sure you have enough weight to get down to the fish. If you don't catch a fish in 5 minutes, legthen your leader, add weight, or change bait. Hope this helps and good luck. Hey, Qwapaw, no need to come next door now.
Bobbn

Q
qwapaw
J C Pond Update

J C Pond Update

Decided to out to JC Saturday. I C&R 11 trout by 11:00AM. It was fun, not big fish, but something better to do than watch cartoons with the little ones. Thanks for all the suggestions. Congrats Bobbn on The up coming event. Dan