I've always wanted to use a live mouse for bait

O
OnTheFly
TT you're scare'in me.:shock: Actually there are mouse patterns that can be used for larger fish especially brown trout. Mice are nocternal and will swim across rivers and other bodies of water at night where fish can pick them OFF. I'd like to try it. Cool video because it showed how a fish might take a mouse down.

T
Thuggin4Life
yeah me too. to bad we can't. on another note we should take my boat to dorena or cottage grove here soon for some bass action. i got my electric fixed for 007 bank fishing from the boat.

on another note how much are pinkies? been thinking about getting a snake.

T
the_intimidator03
thuggin.... what kind of snake i breed rats LOL

F
Fishtopher
I actually have a "mouse fly". Got it in grandpas tackle box a few years ago. Little black beady eyes and leather tail. Pretty cool lookin'.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Mouse patters SLAUGHTER! Browns, smallies, LM, and anything else that's in an aggressive mood. I threw one last summer on the Luckiamutte and regardless of whether or not they could get it in their mouth everything was hitting it. An absolute PAIN to cast with a 5 weight but a blast none the less.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Well.... I don't think there is anything about that video that's legal hahaha...

T
TTFishon
OnTheFly said:
TT you're scare'in me.:shock: Actually there are mouse patterns that can be used for larger fish especially brown trout. Mice are nocternal and will swim across rivers and other bodies of water at night where fish can pick them OFF. I'd like to try it. Cool video because it showed how a fish might take a mouse down.

It's kind of funny because I was looking for a tutorial on a mouse pattern when I found this video.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Dude... Seriously. Just buy them!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I mean if you break a line on one of those it's just like *poof* and then all you have is a useless mini-armadillo pattern of thread and a bunch of deer fur in your eyes.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
yeah me too. to bad we can't. on another note we should take my boat to dorena or cottage grove here soon for some bass action. i got my electric fixed for 007 bank fishing from the boat.

on another note how much are pinkies? been thinking about getting a snake.

That sounds good. I wish the weather would warm up. Years ago I worked with a guy that fed his snake baby chickens.

T
TTFishon
Are those mouse patters heavy enough to cast from a spinning rod?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Not if you want to use line thick enough for typical top water fishing.
You could probably use some small weights. When fishing you jerk them pretty hard so they glug underwater, at that point it's a game of how long you want to wait before the next pull while your weight is sinking. Of course you can fish them a bunch of different ways but that particular retrieve is meant to simulate a drowning mouse trying to stay on the surface and has always worked the best for me. With the weights under the surface and sinking it might actually help dunk the mouse a little so it might work ok. I guess you would just have to try them.

Thinking about it more I would bet they weight more than a small rooster tail so maybe you could cast them alright...

T
Thuggin4Life
the_intimidator03 said:
thuggin.... what kind of snake i breed rats LOL

A green one. you breed rats like a bunch of them so you could sell like a few baby rats once they have fur for dirt cheap or are they like the kind you are trying to feed you family with buy selling as pets? how close to eugene do you live? i may need some once the weather warms up we might get a snake.

T
the_intimidator03
a green one LOL that doesn't say much.. basically i will sell the excess or give them to my buddy. if you want some just holler ill let ya have em on the down low. I am in creswell which is about 10-15 minutes south of eugene. I am tryin to get more stuff so i can have more breeding sets of rats. Right now i have about 10 babies that are just weaned and 9 babies that just hatched a few days ago

J
JeannaJigs
SICK! Lol. Don't get a snake, that's nastified. Poor rats :(