It's the opening day for trout season in the streams--let's see your pics and reports!

OREGON FISHING FORUM

atjohnson1111

BUMP! How are you trout folks making out???
IMG_1034.jpg

Pretty good! Sitting at the vice until I have my day off Tuesday. Debating if I want to dredge up some resident SRC’s in NW Oregon so I decided to take my first stab at the Borden Special. We’ll see what I end up doing, might just take the float tube to lost lake where my wife caught her first trout out of a float tube!
Adjustments.jpg

troutdude

Nice Borden and the pic of our wife's smile tells all! Thanks for sharing.

Bob Borden, BTW, owns Hareline Dubbin in Monroe. And his son @mosd is a fellow OFFer.

troutdude

@atjohnson1111 by the way...Blueback's (SRC's) also dearly love tiny crawdad imitations. They gorge on them to fatten up. For spin fishermen...small brown Rooster Tails, with gold blades, are the ticket.

troutdude

@atjohnson1111 my friend Mitch, at Two Rivers Fly Shop in downtown Albany, sells dozens of Bordens every year, to old timers. If old timers buy that many of them...you KNOW they are the right fly!!!

atjohnson1111

[mention]troutdude [/mention] noted! I’ll have to see what I can do with a crawdad imitation! And there’s plenty to learn from old timers and if that’s a tool in the box then it must still work

Top Bottom