Its the final countdown!!!

E
eggs
My birthday is June 28th......

AND....

I am getting a TFO Signature 9' 8wt rod(Temple Fork Outfitters Signature Series Fly Rods) and TFO Prism 7/8 reel(TFO Prism Reel)...

I plan on putting Rio Gold line on it with Rio Skagit tips...

I decided on a 1 hand rod because I plan to fish it on smaller rivers/creeks and shouldn't need extra distance from a 2 hand spey over a 1 handed spey cast.. once I learn how too until then roll cast is my best friend...

Now it is just a countdown to when I get to go buy it... the final countdown has started... might be able to get it tomorrow might have to wait a month....

M
metalfisher76
That`s a huge gap in time bro!!! Get it tomorrow.:D

E
eggs
If I could I would have got it today!! I am at the mercy of the 'boss'..

O
OnTheFly
A set up like that may require a special weopons permit.:D

G
GDBrown
OnTheFly said:

Are you worried that Eggs will go OFF half cocked!

T
Thuggin4Life
So i know nothing of this rod but it sounds bad @$$! Hope you wake up with one more weapon in your arsenal.

E
eggs
OnTheFly said:

I will have to lookup the permit and take a class and pass another background check

Irishrover
Irishrover
You are going to have fun with that rod. All spey cast are just a form of roll cast so you should be in good shape. You can even use forms of those cast on your five weight. So if you want to get a headstart and have a couple of those cast down before you get your rod let me know we can hit the Sandy. You will have them mastered in about five minutes or so.

G
ghostcow
Very nice! I am hoping to pull the trigger on something but...I know casting lessons are what I need more than new gear....but....
Enjoy and give us a report on how you like the set up.

L
lilsalmon
yeehaw....that's exciting....maybe if you take the "boss" to more places that are mosquito-free you could get it sooner....what a story that was....great for the campfire...hehe

E
eggs
Moon

E
everett464
Man, I need to get an eight weight. My 5 weight is really starting to leave me with an empty feeling when I hear about folks pulling out salmon and steelhead every weekend.

G
GDBrown
5 Pound Steelhead on 3wt WW Griggs rod

5 Pound Steelhead on 3wt WW Griggs rod

everett464 said:
Man, I need to get an eight weight. My 5 weight is really starting to leave me with an empty feeling when I hear about folks pulling out salmon and steelhead every weekend.

No you don't! Check out this video I found of a guy catching a 5lb. steelhead on a WW Griggs 3WT.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ge5LfrYOGI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5ge5LfrYOGI&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Now that looks like a lot of fun.:clap::lol:

E
everett464
That is awesome.

I have got into a few biggies on smaller rods, but never landed them. Good on him.

Now, to address your signature: Fly fishing is the only serious fishing.

G
GDBrown
everett464 said:
Now, to address your signature: Fly fishing is the only serious fishing.

Agreed, I only say it that way to indicate that sometimes we take FlyFishing too seriously!

E
everett464
True, true.

But, thats because it's better.

;)

E
eggs
Ohhhhhhhhh NO! Tomorrow I am being forced to drive ALL the way(10 mins) to Welches!! Wonder what I will be picking up???

H
halibuthitman
well I hope its not a 3 wt griggs!!! I wonder what that dilbert does when he hooks into a clear finned 17 lb 6 oz nate??? congrats on your new rod.

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
Ohhhhhhhhh NO! Tomorrow I am being forced to drive ALL the way(10 mins) to Welches!! Wonder what I will be picking up???

She probably got tired of it and wanted some peace and quiet.:lol:;)

M
metalfisher76
They do good up `er in Welches. When the rivers start to fall.......:D game on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!