Its that time of year again... License

G
Growbug
Yup... its rolled around again.
This year it set me back $70 for my license, two rod validation, combined and hatchery tags.

That is just about $1.50 a week.
Half the cost of one coffee i buy on my early morning trips.

Don't forget... go give the ODFW your Christmas Money right now.

D
Drew9870
Growbug said:
Don't forget... go give the ODFW your Christmas Money right now.

No joke, considering ODFW magically planted all of these fish on earth, we should have to pay to enjoy them. Shouldn't our license fees go to God? ;)

brandon4455
brandon4455
i paid less then 20 for my tags and my liscense LOL. got them yesterday

G
Growbug
"God" may have created the fish, but Man destroyed the fisheries with pollution, overfishing, etc.
ODFW is the local "god" that helps with the protection of the fisheries, restocking, hatchery programs, laws, prosecutions of violators, etc. etc.

Anyhow.. i don't think "God" has any need for my cash.

C
colbypearson
i just bought my salmon/steelhead tags for one trip atleast i got to put some marker on them hahaha, new license soon as well

G
Growbug
Colby, that's a mark more than a lot of people on here.. I have two more days in which to catch my Steelie. At least i got Coho ink on there (Jack again)

B
BobbiDollPDX
Growbug said:
Anyhow.. i don't think "God" has any need for my cash.

I'm sure a couple of churches would be happy to take it in HIS name though.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i didn't get ink on my tag this year, the three trips ive gone on i lost 2 fish and the third i didn't get anything :/ the third trip was more of a learning experience though, but the lost fish were rediculous...pisses me off that broke my 4 years streak of tagging atleast 1 salmon

C
colbypearson
Growbug said:
Colby, that's a mark more than a lot of people on here.. I have two more days in which to catch my Steelie. At least i got Coho ink on there (Jack again)

i got a coho and a steelhead in about 10 minutes of eachother, i want to get a big chinook in 2011 though ;)

D
Drew9870
brandon4455 said:
i didn't get ink on my tag this year, the three trips ive gone on i lost 2 fish and the third i didn't get anything :/ the third trip was more of a learning experience though, but the lost fish were rediculous...pisses me off that broke my 4 years streak of tagging atleast 1 salmon

Don't feel disappointed, I just got my first ink since 5 years, still, I only got 4 marks on my tag this year.

I used to mainly troll off Yaquina Bay and in the Yaquina River though, so I was cheating, lol.

M
Mad dog
$86.00 for a hunting/fishing combo and my combined harvest tag on the 27th.

brandon4455
brandon4455
colbypearson said:
i got a coho and a steelhead in about 10 minutes of eachother, i want to get a big chinook in 2011 though ;)

sounds like someone has a new addiction hahahaha by the way colby, when you hook a big chinook theres no turning back believe me

G
Growbug
brandon4455 said:
when you hook a big chinook theres no turning back believe me
literally.. it may pull you around the river.

A
Anyfishisfine
It seems from looking at the respective web sites, that an Oregonian could save a few bucks by buying a Washington out-of-state license/tag over buying an Oregon resident tag.

What is our fine state doing for us that's so far above and beyond what Washington is doing that it should cost us so much more, or are we simply funding some other aspect of our welfare state with licensing fees?

H
halibuthitman
Anyfishisfine said:
It seems from looking at the respective web sites, that an Oregonian could save a few bucks by buying a Washington out-of-state license/tag over buying an Oregon resident tag.

What is our fine state doing for us that's so far above and beyond what Washington is doing that it should cost us so much more, or are we simply funding some other aspect of our welfare state with licensing fees?

go make 7 casts in the lewis river.... and it will all become clear, angling oportunity and qaulity in oregon absolutely smokes washington.. washington closes rivers all the time, the pressure at any river with decent fishing is absolutely ridiculous... the only thing worse than fishing in washington... is elk hunting in washington- oh and as far as over-taxed welfare state... I think only Mass. beats washington-

M
mgdguy
[insert similar grumbling about license and tag fees that I am still going to pay because I love to fish]

B
beaverfan
1.50 a week is a very small price to pay to be able to fish and keep any fish the regs allow in the state of Oregon. Especially if you go once or twice a week. I usually go 2-3 times a week if not more so basically it costs me about .50-.60 a trip to be licensed and able to retain fish.

J
JeannaJigs
Small price to pay....I mean seriously, look at how much money the average angler throws away on gear, a license and tag is nothin'. Sure I don't like paying it, but fishing keeps me from murderin' people (and I have sharp objects in my hand everyday at work) so it's just a part of life.

K
Kais
Salmon and a steelhead withing ten minutes of each other on your first trip. Damn where were you fishing, the hatchery, lol.
I didn't get a thing this year, maybe next year

F
fish4life
$59.50 for license and tag or $55 for washington freshwater license out of state. Musky, bass, walleye, crappie sometimes 8 fish steelhead limits and six fish coho limits and all an hour or an hour and a half drive away from home, gets me thinking sometime. Not that Id ever want to keep 6 or eight fish a day but it does say that their management is far better than ours. Fish most lakes around willamette valley and you get to catch planters. Ill guess ill stop complaining now.