It's OFFical

B
Browning
I'm the worst Steelhead fisherman in the whole Pacific Northwest. I've been chasing them since the beginning of last month. Nada... I've lost a couple, but the fight they gave just keeps me coming back. As a 20+ year bass fisherman, this last month or so has been one hell of a learning experience. I'm finally figuring out the difference between tapping the bottom, and getting bit. I'm consistently catching more trout everytime I go out. I'm thinking that's good? I figure its only a matter of time now. I've learned a lot here, and just want to give you all a big thanks. Its nice to see a place that's willing to help us rookies. I've seen none of the arrogance here that's kept me from joining, let alone donating, that I've seen elsewhere on the web. With that said, I'm getting my gear together to go Bass fishing tomorrow. I need a break :lol:

M
Markcanby
I dont you know if you smell like Bass you wont get any Steel.:lol::lol::lol:

S
steelhead_stalkers
If you are catching trout its only a matter of time before the steelhead come! We catch lots of trout every time out and it just means you are doing things right. Just always be ready because a steelhead will surprise you when you least expect it! ;)

F
Finneus Polebender
The bass smell covers the human one :lol::lol::lol:

B
bigsteel
Browning said:
I'm the worst Steelhead fisherman in the whole Pacific Northwest. I've been chasing them since the beginning of last month. Nada... I've lost a couple, but the fight they gave just keeps me coming back. As a 20+ year bass fisherman, this last month or so has been one hell of a learning experience. I'm finally figuring out the difference between tapping the bottom, and getting bit. I'm consistently catching more trout everytime I go out. I'm thinking that's good? I figure its only a matter of time now. I've learned a lot here, and just want to give you all a big thanks. Its nice to see a place that's willing to help us rookies. I've seen none of the arrogance here that's kept me from joining, let alone donating, that I've seen elsewhere on the web. With that said, I'm getting my gear together to go Bass fishing tomorrow. I need a break :lol:

i think i got u beat for the worst!!!!!!!!!!!i think they know im coming

B
beaverfan
bigsteel said:
i think i got u beat for the worst!!!!!!!!!!!i think they know im coming

Nope I know of at least 3 members that measure there steelhead skunks in years not months! (and it's not due to lack of effort) Out of respect for them I won't mention names. LOL

B
Browning
Well, all this makes me feel better :lol:I'm gonna just keep on plugging away. They'll come :D

S
SmallStreams
If you're hooking them, then you're not the worst!

M
Mad dog
Primetime coming up for the upper Rogue!!!

Float rod, flourocarbon leader, I'll even tell you what flies! EASY MONEY!!!

N
ninja2010
beaverfan said:
Nope I know of at least 3 members that measure there steelhead skunks in years not months! (and it's not due to lack of effort) Out of respect for them I won't mention names. LOL

yup... 3 years and counting. but i'll never give up.

F
Fishtopher
beaverfan said:

For sure. Dude, when you start counting by years instead of months, then you have an issue!

I went a few years without putting a Steelhead on my tag!

B
Browning
Mad dog said:
Primetime coming up for the upper Rogue!!!

Float rod, flourocarbon leader, I'll even tell you what flies! EASY MONEY!!!

Talk to me Mad dog, TALK TO ME!!!!! :lol:

F
FishSchooler
I'm with ninja... except I get maybe 4 times *a year* to fish for em :p

S
steelhead_stalkers
I love the fly only months on the upper Rogue!! Weighted micro jigs, oh yeah! :lol:

T
Throbbit _Shane
Its that time of the year... im about to buy some flies and some bubbles. browning if u want company on the river let me know. i need to put atleast 1 fish on the tag LOL :D

B
Browning
Throbbit _Shane said:
Its that time of the year... im about to buy some flies and some bubbles. browning if u want company on the river let me know. i need to put atleast 1 fish on the tag LOL :D

You bet man, it's no fun getting skunked alone!

B
Browning
steelhead_stalkers said:
I love the fly only months on the upper Rogue!! Weighted micro jigs, oh yeah! :lol:

I didn't think the micro jigs fell under the "Fly only" classification?

B
bigsteel
Browning said:
I didn't think the micro jigs fell under the "Fly only" classification?

theyre considered a fly,,theyre not true flies

A
aka trouble
ive only got three for the twenty nine on this year so im a rookie still i feel ur pain

B
Browning
steelhead_stalkers said:

Are your micro jigs tied on what the regs call "Dumbell eyes"?

Nevermind... I found the answer! This is sweet, can't wait to try this in a few weeks!