It may be nearing the end but it ain't over!

A
alm21
Made a last minute decision to hit the Sandy this morning after hearing it was going to be dry today (after a nice shot of rain). Arrived and to my surprise, no one was at the hole. Water had dropped a bit and the color was looking good. Couldn’t believe I had the water to myself on such a nice morning. A half hour into casting spinners I hit what I thought was a snag but it pulled back and it was game on! At first, I thought I was going to bring this buck in quickly since he headed towards the shore just downstream but when I got up on him…. Cya, he peeled off and headed upriver. He was hugging the shore, had him in close but he kept a b-line upriver. Eventually, he wore out giving me the belly turn and I was able to get him in. At it’s a good thing since he started straightening out the hook. He’s a nice big Coho buck coming in at 35” and 18lbs. Has some color so to the smoker he goes.

Eventually, another angler showed up and took this picture for me. After that, I took off so he could have the hole to himself. ;)

SandyCohoBuck10-29-101b.jpg

SandyCohoBuck10-29-103.jpg

The boot shot...

SandyCohoBuck10-29-104.jpg

Lure carnage...

SandyCohoBuck10-29-10lure.jpg

So, after catching the buck, I was casting out in some deeper water and again, Snag! I tugged on it and realize it wasn't a rock or fish-on... hmmm must be a branch, garbage or the likes. Then it surfaced, the corpse from the deep. Eeeewwww!!!! That's some stank!

SandyCorpse10-29-101.jpg

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
beautiful buck. i love the colors on those fish. and i know how it is to catch a fish corpse i caught a dead springer once. they smell horrible :/

kirkster
kirkster
nice lookin buck this late in the year

A
Anyfishisfine
Very nice. That inspired me to wake up this morning and give it a shot.

A
alm21
brandon4455 said:
beautiful buck. i love the colors on those fish. and i know how it is to catch a fish corpse i caught a dead springer once. they smell horrible :/

A spooky Halloween fish!

kirkster said:
nice lookin buck this late in the year

He was a beast, my biggest fish this year, meat looked good but still going in the smoker. Picked up a really nice chrome hen on Wednesday (native). Took a look at the Bonneville fish counts and thought the spike in coho counts over the last couple days couldn't hurt so I went for it.

Anyfishisfine said:
Very nice. That inspired me to wake up this morning and give it a shot.

Yeah buddy, hit it! Good luck, I can't go this weekend so let us know how you do. I wasn't at CC but I wasn't down low either. The fish aren't rolling much. I think they are shooting through with the higher water so I haven't used "fish rolls" as a reliable indicator this week.

H
Hawk
A reel Beauty Bro.
Great Job.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

S
skunk
Nice fish, haven't tried the Sandy yet, need to get over there sometime.

A
Amberjack
Did you use to work with concrete? I think I might know you.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice catch man. hompefully smoked up good. I was so desperate for a fish today I almost convinced myself i was gonna take a darky for the smoker.

A
alm21
Hawk said:
A reel Beauty Bro.
Great Job.
:clap::clap::clap:
:D:D:D
:cool::cool:

Thanks!

skunk said:
Nice fish, haven't tried the Sandy yet, need to get over there sometime.

That river sucks, don't go. ;)

Amberjack said:
Did you use to work with concrete? I think I might know you.

Not concrete but other construction trades back in the early nineties, otherwise Telecommunications/IT since then.

Thuggin4Life said:
Nice catch man. hompefully smoked up good. I was so desperate for a fish today I almost convinced myself i was gonna take a darky for the smoker.

Ha, I know the feeling... half the fun is showing it off to the wife and kids to prove that I'm not "wasting" my time. :) It's in the freezer now but I'm sure it will smoke good. The meat hadn't lost any color. I just need to find the time to smoke it.