It is open!

F
FishSchooler
The lake's finally open! yeehaw! All we have to do now is wait a month for the water to warm and lower... :rolleyes:;)

O
OutforTrout
I'm heading out tomorrow planning to be there around 7 am. hopefully something good comes of it! everybody let us know if you get the big one. :D

Troutski
Troutski
Boat access ...

Boat access ...

How is the boat access this time of the year? Nice lake for some sort of floating device, whether it be boat or toon or tube; the magic carpet knows no bounds. Good luck...

Chuck

O
Obsessed
Anyone make it out there for the opener. I was stuck at work, wishing I was fishing.:(

O
OutforTrout
i rent a boat.. but boat access is good. three ramps.. one ramp rents boats for $60 for a full day or $30 for 3 hours and then $10/hr after that. $60 max. Good little boats with a trolling motor. I'll be out there tomorrow. Look for a youngish guy in a rented boat :dance:

B
Bassman-503
You guys talking about hagg

C
chris61182
FishSchooler said:
The lake's finally open! yeehaw! All we have to do now is wait a month for the water to warm and lower... :rolleyes:;)

Lower? It looked to be quite a bit shy of full still.

C
chris61182
Troutski said:
How is the boat access this time of the year? Nice lake for some sort of floating device, whether it be boat or toon or tube; the magic carpet knows no bounds. Good luck...

Chuck

Both ramps look primed and ready for use!

As for my fishing report, unfortunately I didn't have a chance to fish, but I did have the opportunity to drive around the lake while the kids were asleep. The water is off color with some debris but definitely not too bad.

W
Webwader
Lower? It looked to be quite a bit shy of full still.
Hagg is 81% full.

F
FishSchooler
I meant like last year in early fall... man that was low water. I meant wait for the water to go down... shouldnt it be pretty high right now?

A
ArcticAmoeba
There is a dam at one end. It is regulated by the County. So it will vary season to season.

F
FishSchooler
ArcticAmoeba said:
There is a dam at one end. It is regulated by the County. So it will vary season to season.
Yeah there is a dam, but last year in november, the water was so low the dam didn't really do anything (water was below the dam), remember that chris?
AA, have you ever been to hagg lake to go trootin/bassin?

A
ArcticAmoeba
I have fished Hagg countless times, and gotten into millions:lol: of Trout and Bass. It is a stocker trout fishery, so I have kind of shy'd away from that lately, as I like to drift fish trout in small streams nowadays, if I want to go whack 'n stack some Trout.

B
buddah426
a buddy from work was out there yesterday for opener and said they spotted fish everywhere on the sonar but couldnt hook up. c & r two 8" and that was all. he was bummed but glad to get outta the house. i will be out there with him probably after a month or so when it warms up some.

T
trollin4trout
Yep- the stockers were hard if not impoosible to get to bite. And yes, my sonar was FULL of fish everyewhere I went- couldn't get a bite. So I put on a BIG lure and started trolling for a brooder. One hour later- success!

haagrainbow10lbs.jpg

28 inches- 10+lbs.

I lost two other big ones later in the day and saw 2 more lost at the boat by the same guy 1/2 hour apart! And another landed by this happy guy! On 4lb. test and his daughters "Snoopy" rod no less!

brooderhaag.jpg

Heard of many 10lb'ers checked in at the store- so go there with big fish in mind and keep trolling- patience may be rewarded! The big ones are hungry.

Jim

F
FishSchooler
Ahh man your lucky... Since my fishing day was very short (45 min maybe), I will get to go to somewhere soon! Where/with what was that fatty caught?

T
trollin4trout
FS- it was caught on one of these. It's 6-7inches long. It wasn't this exact color but you get the idea. If you went to the north end of the dam and then went west along the shore, you would cross over a road that goes down into the lake and a couple hundred feet further you come to a small cove. Trolling right in front of that cove is where I lost 2 and seen another lost and another caught right there. The one I caught was straight across from Boat Ramp A in a little cove there.

ACPlug.jpg

And I don't think there was a lotta luck involved. I trolled ALL DAY- many hours with nothing happenening- I just finally got the lure in front of a couple of fish. In that murky water it has to nearly hit them in the nose for them to be able to see it. Then they have .2 seconds to decide whether to grab it or not- after that - it's gone!

Last edited:
O
OutforTrout
Boat access is great.. Three ramps spread around the lake with a rental place on boat ramp C. Saw all sorts of floats and different boats yesterday. Some people still haven't learned what a no-wake zone is, however. :confused:

M
mudslinging79
ill try to head out there sunday also, friend and i are looking to get something, hopefully. nice to see there are monstewrs in there, gotta get the boat down there.

G
gottafish
I went on Friday in hopes of seeing one of those monsters like trollin4trout was catching. No luck; fishing was slow. Two of us managed 3 in 4 hours in the 11"-15" range. We couldn't even find any on the fish finder. Well, better luck next time.