Isolated and wondering . . .

K

kaimuki49

what finally came about in the govenor's race? did dudley make it or not? is it final? thanks, kahuna kai

F

FishFinger

Kitzhaber ............ FTL Now he gets ALL the credit for another failed term. Sales Tax anyone?

B

bigsteel

unfortunately the liberals have won again:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

K

kaimuki49

Kitzhaber ............ FTL Now he gets ALL the credit for another failed term. Sales Tax anyone?

yeeks - i dunno what to say. i am sad then because i worry about militant environmentalists. like access to waters or forrest and excessive regulation. well, hope for the best. thanks for the info

brandon4455

brandon4455

kitzhaber won? oh jezz were ****ed say hello to more taxes!

troutdude

troutdude

Apparently over half of those who voted have a VERY short memory. All Kitz did the first time around, was tax and spend. So, what do you think will be different this time? DUH!

C

capblack

lets face it, oregons vote goes to the democrats, regardless of whos running, or what they stand for it seems.

C

chris61182

lets face it, oregons vote goes to the democrats, regardless of whos running, or what they stand for it seems.

Which makes me think that it would be nice if Libertarians started running on the Democrat ticket. It would be nice if we could get some real liberals in office, and by real liberal I mean classic liberal.

C

chrisohm

Banned User
Not to argue but you won't see any new taxes or spending. You have to have funding in order to implement a new tax and there is no funding available. To spend money you need to have a surplus in revenue which is not an issue since we have a major budget deficit. Gov. Kulongoski ordered all state departments to have their budgets into the Governor's office by Friday of last week for a review to see what departments have the largest hemorrhages. You will most likely see a major upheaval in all state departments to better utilize the labor load to stay within or under their budgets so that funding, if at all available, can be given to those departments that need the most help. Until the economy picks up and we get out of this hole you can forget the tax and spending idea. I'm just trying to educate, not trying to argue political ideals.

B

beaverfan

Not saying I like Kitz or anything but what the heck qualifies Chris Dudley to be governor? He has no experience whatsoever. If voting for Kitz is like re-marrying your ex then voting for Dudley would be like Microsoft hiring me as there new C.E.O. Ideally neither would even be candidates, but I'm not sure I would rather have a complete newbie who nobody knows anything about (policy wise) or someone that you know what to expect. We all live in a liberal state, and that likely won't change anytime soon.

Personally I see ZERO good coming from such a pointless thread, I'm sure there are plenty of liberals here they just know when to keep there mouth shut. All dude asked was who won and you guys go out there running your mouth. This site is a much better place without the political mud-slinging!

troutdude

troutdude

Not to argue but you won't see any new taxes or spending. You have to have funding in order to implement a new tax and there is no funding available. To spend money you need to have a surplus in revenue which is not an issue since we have a major budget deficit. Gov. Kulongoski ordered all state departments to have their budgets into the Governor's office by Friday of last week for a review to see what departments have the largest hemorrhages. You will most likely see a major upheaval in all state departments to better utilize the labor load to stay within or under their budgets so that funding, if at all available, can be given to those departments that need the most help. Until the economy picks up and we get out of this hole you can forget the tax and spending idea. I'm just trying to educate, not trying to argue political ideals.

You're missing one very basic, and underlying, principle my friend. What does our state government need to do most? They need to do two things: streamline and cutback on spending. But, they also need to generate new revenue streams. How do they do that?

They find new ways to tax us! So, the spending MAY go down some (but I doubt it...they like how cushy their jobs are). But, they WILL find new ways to tax us...one way or another. Just watch, it will happen.

troutdude

troutdude

Not saying I like Kitz or anything but what the heck qualifies Chris Dudley to be governor? He has no experience whatsoever. If voting for Kitz is like re-marrying your ex then voting for Dudley would be like Microsoft hiring me as there new C.E.O. Ideally neither would even be candidates, but I'm not sure I would rather have a complete newbie who nobody knows anything about (policy wise) or someone that you know what to expect. We all live in a liberal state, and that likely won't change anytime soon.

Personally I see ZERO good coming from such a pointless thread, I'm sure there are plenty of liberals here they just know when to keep there mouth shut. All dude asked was who won and you guys go out there running your mouth. This site is a much better place without the political mud-slinging!

Sorry, but I disagree. The original question opened up the door. And this is an open forum.

C

chrisohm

Banned User

Valid point and I agree that there is no value in this thread. It has nothing to do with fishing, it just makes me wish I could delete my account on this forum and not be a part of this online community.

troutdude

troutdude

Begging your pardon...but...it wasn't about fishing to begin with. And if it makes you feel like canceling your OFF "account"...why did you post in the first place.

Good grief. If you guys don't want to participate in this thread...then DON'T.