Is there anywhere to find Salmon near Corvallis?

M
muskieguide
I am a WA guide who is movin to Corvallis lookin for fishin buddies and salmon holes. Not goin to guide down there, just want to have fun, learn and share knowledge. Thanks

J
Johnny Southpaw
Welcome to OR and to the Forum! As far as salmon near corvallis-they cruise right up the willamette here but you don't hear about too many guys catching them-not good holding water I suppose. Aside from the Willamette, there's the N and S Santiam, Alsea and Siletz which are all within an hours drive from Corvallis.

troutdude
troutdude
There is also the McKenzie River ("Mac"), 45 minutes - 1 hour to the south (Springfield area and east of there).

O
Orgwayne
I agree with Johnny , that there is lots to fish around here , also the jettys in Newport for a change of pace , welcome to the area
Wayne

M
muskieguide
Thanks guys. If any of you want to go, let me know. I have everything needed to catch em

A
autofisher
You're gonna spend mucho dinero on gas tryin to get to all the different systems that hold fish that are around you. You're pretty much within an hour's drive from some great fishing.....no matter what direction you go.

troutdude
troutdude
muskieguide said:
Thanks guys. If any of you want to go, let me know. I have everything needed to catch em

You're very welcome. And, if you have a boat and an empty seat, please let me know. I'd be happy to "go banking" too.

M
muskieguide
Thank you very much guys!!! I will not be down there til the first week of July. When I get there, I look foward to hookin up with whoever wants to go. I'm always willing to share info and knowledge as well as receive it. I look foward to fishin with yall soon.