Is it worth it

B

bigdog

Ok I know it's always worth it but wanting to know if anyone has seen or thinks it is worth going out this friday to look for some fish. I haven't made it out for a couple weeks now been working on the truck and still have things to get done to it. But I'm feeling the itch to get to the water so is it worth it and if so who is game to tag along with me or let me tag long with them?

L

luv2fish

try dog creek..i already got couple there...for some reasons there are big steelies there...both of mine were above 12 lb ...and for steely thats quite decent....i would have tagged alon if i hadn't had plans already with my bud...

F

FishFinger

I gotta roll to Redmond to see the folks for the weekend and I leave Fri morning, or I'd be there with ya.

Andy and I are hitting Dodge tomorrow, we haven't fished together for months... I'll let you know how it goes.

B

BobberDown

hey me and jigalot will be at dodge tomarrow as well we were thinking about starting up at the hachry but i don know we might start at dodge there where fish there last sunday we got into 3 but i herd it was hot up be ceder creek what do yuo think have you hered anthing on the creek? if not i will see you guys tomarrow morning good luck

A

ArcticAmoeba

Tell Andy I have two chartreuse floats of his! Haha. I found one on the Clack, and one on the Sandy too. I'll keep 'em handy the nxt time we get out. See if they really are his, but I have a feeling.

F

FishFinger

hey me and jigalot will be at dodge tomarrow as well we were thinking about starting up at the hachry but i don know we might start at dodge there where fish there last sunday we got into 3 but i herd it was hot up be ceder creek what do yuo think have you hered anthing on the creek? if not i will see you guys tomarrow morning good luck

You and Jigs hooked up, that's great... It was written in the stars to be sure. Damn I'm looking forward to see you guys there.... I have some jig questions I'm needing a professionals advice on.

Ian, that's funny, do you really think they were his?
Finders keepers usually applies but if your wanting to give em back.. I'm sure he'd gladly accept the gesture

A

ArcticAmoeba

I picked one up at Riverside the day after Al and I saw you guys fishin below us. And another on the Sandy that is exactly the same...Maybe!

K

k12580h

I'll tag along

I'll tag along

& yeah its worth going out on friday I landed a 12# steelie yesterday and about 15-18# chinook today. Id go out.

B

bir48die

k1258, was it on the Clack? What did the nook hit?

L

luv2fish

I donno but ain't heard of nook in clack...prolly willy...rite? thats where i missed mine....

B

bir48die

Fished the Willy Saturday. Thought I was the only one that didn't catch a fish but looked at reports and said the Sandy, Clack and Willy took very few fish.

Don't get it. The conditions were perfect. As my son said, "it's probably cheaper just to hire a guide and pay the loot".

F

FishSchooler

My question is the same as bigdog's, just for sunday.

F

FreshMoneyFisher

Willy spots?

Willy spots?

Where do people bank on the Willie? I'm more of a smaller stream kind of guy, so wondering what to look for when deciding fishable water on the Willamette?

Is there any decent bank fishing available I could take the girlfriend and actually have an ok chance of hooking something?

G

GreenDrifter

Stay home for sure...............;)

B

bigdog

lol GD you just don't want the extra pressure out there but fear not I'm sure I won't effect your chances. Not by much at least lol

F

FishFinger

Hit Dodge this morning w/ Bobberdown, Jigalot & Andy. Water looked great but the action was S L O W. Didn't see even one fish roll.

Worked it down and back several times from the bridge to Irish Rovers Blarney stone with; Cascade jigs, egg pooping leeches, cooners, time bombs w/ roe, DAndy slayers, nickel & chartreuse bullets, and for the final run a Ford shrimp.. Na, zip, zero, nothing.... Even Andy had the smell of skunk.

Unbelievable I know.....

You know it's a sad day when all you have to post is pictures of your bait...
However, I was quite happy with how good the Ford shrimp looked, too bad I couldn't get a steelhead to confirm my observations...

The Ford Shrimp
DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

M

Mike123

Hit Dodge this morning w/ Bobberdown, Jigalot & Andy. Water looked great but the action was S L O W. Didn't see even one fish roll.

Worked it down and back several times from the bridge to Irish Rovers Blarney stone with; Cascade jigs, egg pooping leeches, cooners, time bombs w/ roe, DAndy slayers, nickel & chartreuse bullets, and for the final run a Ford shrimp.. Na, zip, zero, nothing.... Even Andy had the smell of skunk.

Unbelievable I know.....

You know it's a sad day when all you have to post is pictures of your bait...
However, I was quite happy with how good the Ford shrimp looked, too bad I couldn't get a steelhead to confirm my observations...

The Ford Shrimp
DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

Were you fly fishing this shrimp imitation or drifting it?

M

meluvtrout

the moon(98% waxing best times 11:43 am-1:43 pm) and barometric pressure(rising) both points to next Monday.

Solunar Fishing Calendar(check by zip code)
FREE Worldwide Solunar Prediction Tables based On Your Geographic Specific Location - Solunar Weekly Forecast

If you look at the recent reports, the best fishing of 2009 has been the week of
Feb 24 and Feb 28. It was during and after the rains(increase in barometric pressure), and Moon's waning through waxing stage...

You might choose to trust the numbers or not, but thanks to AA, I started taking my own notes and started a log book as well... See if that helps...