Is Elbow Room an issue anywhere bank fishing?

N
Nick733
So I just moved here from Upstate, NY ( don't worry native to the NW). While back east I made a mini fishing road trip to Oswego, NY and had an experience that resembled this:

crazy.jpg

Needless to say it was miserable and I returned to my random adirondack ditches to bottom bounce worms and ooh and ahh over stocked brown trout . is there anywhere on the Oregon side of the Columbia that gets pretty crowded?

N
nativefish
given the right time of year, u could probably find a few spots that look like that

Reactions: Nick733
S
Spydeyrch
I had an experience like that, all-be-it somewhat down graded, but none-the-less not fun!! It was on the Wilson about 2 years ago. I don't think I have returned as of yet.

-Spydey

Chromatose
Chromatose
Hay Nick I am still fishing the Salmon/Oswego or Lake Ontario in NY.......And your right about the Polaski crowds................You should have drove a bit further and fished the Niagara River............As to the Columbia,,,,are you looking for crowds or wanting to know where there are fewer crowds?

S
salsinker
Reminds me of the Maumee during the peak of the walleye run. The only difference is that everyone is in waders.

N
nativefish
bowling alley mid september on the clackamas.....

F
fantacmet
It gets like this at times at North Fork reservoir, but the people aren't that friendly. The boaters constantly harras the bankers, they don't obey the speed limit, and you get jet skiers that will show up buzaz accross your lines, run up into your spot and then 5 or 6 of them will get in your face and ask you what you're going to do about it and that you better deal with it or be beaten within an inch of your life, they do get quite violent. Thankfully when that happened when I was there I just grabbed my phone and called the sheriff and had them removed. Much to the applause of every other angler near me.

Other than that, most places are good. Some can get a little crowded, but if there is little room, and you are polite enough to ask to fish right next to someone they will likely say yes, and apoligize when a line gets crossed, things are usually quite good and everyone falls into a rythem and everyone catches fish and helps each other out.

I fish a lot at Kelley Point, 205 bridge, riverside park on the clack, various places on the sandy river as well as at blue lake. Though I've had some unpleasant experiences recently at Oxbow. I was there for about an hour or so(I pay for my yearly permit) and this guy shows up with this girlfriend to strip down and sunbathe, ok no big deal, except that he started throwing rocks right where I was cast out and out near me, and started swearing at me until I packed up and left and he screamed at me to not come back fish murderer.

C_Run
C_Run
Mouth of Elk River in a month or two.

Top Bottom