Is bank fishing at Social Security Beach picking up for salmon?

D
drbgonzal
Thinking about heading out there this weekend just want to get the word on the current bite. Thanks

L
LongBeachRaider
I would like to know also, I think I'm heading there this weekend.

A
Anotherdude
I was there Tuesday and saw a few caught. Probably 15ish lbs. Also saw a RAV4 get stuck.

For the most part it was very slow, but the fish are there, lots of fishing boats out there. I was there 3.5 hours and only saw 2 get landed when I first got there. Lots of crabs stealing your herring if you're plunking. The spinner guys weren't having much luck either.

L
LongBeachRaider
Thanks for the info! I've got a tacoma 4x4 so should be good with the sand, I hope! Is there anywhere else for bank fishing salmon you would recommend? I'm a total newbie.

A
Anotherdude
Any of the rivers at the coast with a hatchery will work, but I don't know how they're doing right now. Not enough rain to get the fish moving. You might get lucky and find some,

D
drbgonzal
Damn I thought the rain would get them going this past friday. No luck fishing with spinners for 10 hours on social security beach. Saw only one catch. Any areas you'd recommend taking an inflatable pontoon, maybe the salmon river? I only have a small 30lb electric trolling motor for it which I dont think is safe for the mouth of the columbia river and its swift currents.